Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How Can I Play A Cd On Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How Can I Play A Cd On Unix Post 14055 by IMOTEB on Monday 28th of January 2002 03:01:41 AM
Old 01-28-2002
How Can I Play A Cd On Unix

HI

I AM A FRESH NEW USER ...I MEAN I JUST GOT A COMPUTER ALMOST FOR FREE AND IT RUNS UNIX WHICH I DIDN'T EXPECT
AND DONT KNOW HOW TO WORK ON IT
I THOUGHT IT'LL BE WITH WINDOWS ..YOU KNOW
SO HOW DO I PLAY A CD IN IT.
REMEMBER I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT UNIX , BUT I THINK I'LL GET OVER IT SOMEHOW WITH YOUR HELP

BEST REGARDSSmilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

play cd? how?

hi all, How do I set up my cdrom to play some regular audio cd (not cd-r or cd-rw). I know that my cdrom has been mounted as it does pop up the file manager if I put in, e.g., the office52 cd. Thanks in advance. Andre (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need something new to play with

I posted this question in the dummies forums, but I would like to get a more expert opinion... I am looking for a new OS to play with. I have a celron 450 running slackware linux, a powermac G4 450 running Mac OS X (Which by the way has 81 days of uptime as of this moment), a PowerBook G3 running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewhite04
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

play

dear friends, i have linux system . can i play songs in linux system. like winamp player in windows. let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
2 Replies

4. Linux

how can i play the gam

can some1 tell me how to start playing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123456
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Do You Play Video Games?

Do you play video games? If so, what are your favorite games? (54 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
54 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a play-list

approximately the same question as the last time, but unfortunately I didn't get a working answer. I made a script with bash and gtkdialog that create a play-list. The output is for example : gtk-media-pause | CB60471-05 - Gilbert, Brantley - Country Must Be Country Wide.zip | 28897 |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkfloris
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Play sound

hi i want to produce digit sounds.for ex: if my input text is four five six then code should able to produce sounds corresponding to digits which are stored in some directory as four.wav,five.wav etc.Please help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
8 Replies
IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)

NAME
IO::Socket::UNIX - Object interface for AF_UNIX domain sockets SYNOPSIS
use IO::Socket::UNIX; DESCRIPTION
"IO::Socket::UNIX" provides an object interface to creating and using sockets in the AF_UNIX domain. It is built upon the IO::Socket interface and inherits all the methods defined by IO::Socket. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ARGS] ) Creates an "IO::Socket::UNIX" object, which is a reference to a newly created symbol (see the "Symbol" package). "new" optionally takes arguments, these arguments are in key-value pairs. In addition to the key-value pairs accepted by IO::Socket, "IO::Socket::UNIX" provides. Type Type of socket (eg SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM) Local Path to local fifo Peer Path to peer fifo Listen Create a listen socket If the constructor is only passed a single argument, it is assumed to be a "Peer" specification. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE As of VERSION 1.18 all IO::Socket objects have autoflush turned on by default. This was not the case with earlier releases. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE METHODS
hostpath() Returns the pathname to the fifo at the local end peerpath() Returns the pathanme to the fifo at the peer end SEE ALSO
Socket, IO::Socket AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perlbug@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)