Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to replace a line in a file using shell script Post 14044 by cs_sakthi on Sunday 27th of January 2002 10:57:56 PM
Old 01-27-2002
MySQL Thanks j1yant

Thanks for your handy script...It worked..

-Thanks
Sakthi.Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to cs_sakthi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i replace / with new line in shell script or sed ?

1. how can i replace ' / ' with new line in shell script or sed ? 2. how can set a conditon untill null in while loop while ( i== null ) do ...... done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find and replace a line using a identifier

Hi all im having trouble starting with a shell script, i hope someone here can help me i have 2 files file1: 404905.jpg 516167 404906.jpg 516168 404917.psd 516183 404947.pdf 516250 file2: 516250 /tmp/RecyclePoster18241.pdf 516167 /tmp/ReunionCardFINAL.jpg 516168... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenray
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read a line in gps receiver log file and append that line to new file

Hi, I have gps receiver log..its giving readings .like below Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. GPSD,R=1 $GPGSV,3,1,11,08,16,328,40,11,36,127,00,28,33,283,39,20,11,165,00*71... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gudivada213
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the fifth line of a text file into a shell script and trim the line to extract a WORD

FOLKS , i have a text file that is generated automatically of an another korn shell script, i want to bring in the fifth line of the text file in to my korn shell script and look for a particular word in the line . Can you all share some thoughts on this one. thanks... Venu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace line via perl script of file

Hi All, I wanted to do following. 1) If file exit then open file for reading and check if my string is there then i wanted to replace the entire line with that string + something else then close the file. 2) If file does not exit then i need to open the file and write to it. I am done with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tarun24
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read a text file line by line & process it...

Hi , I am trying to write an shell, which reads a text file (from a location) having a list of numbers of strictly 5 digits only ex: 33144 Now my script will check : 1) that each entry is only 5 digits & numeric only, no alphabets, & its not empty. 2)then it executes a shell script called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_to_shell
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Replace just part of a single line in a file.....

Hey guy's.... I new here, But im working on a school project, and I am not really good at programming. In fact, this is the only programming class that I need because programming is not what I am majoring in. But I have everything done in this shell script except for this last part..... ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxdrummerxc
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to find line in one file and replace in another

Hey Guys, im looking for a script that will work under OSX. What i want to do is copy information from one file (Specific LIne) and write it to a certain line in another. To be more specific... I want the hostname of a mac to be gathered ( i assume its stored in a .plist file somewhere) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padgo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find common lines and replace next line

I want to find common line in two files and replace the next line of first file with the next line of second file. (sed,awk,perl,bash any solution is welcomed ) Case Ignored. Multiple Occurrence of same line. File 1: hgacdavd sndm,ACNMSDC msgid "Rome" msgstr "" kgcksdcgfkdsb... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madira
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string works on command-line but fails when run from shell script

I wish to replace "\\n" with a single white space. The below does the job on command-line: $ echo '/fin/app/scripts\\n/fin/app/01/sql' | sed -e 's#\\\\n# #g'; /fin/app/scripts /fin/app/01/sql However, when i have the same code to a shell script it is not able to get me the same output:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
XmDeactivateProtocol(library call)										XmDeactivateProtocol(library call)

NAME
XmDeactivateProtocol -- A VendorShell function that deactivates a protocol without removing it SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> #include <Xm/Protocols.h> void XmDeactivateProtocol( Widget shell, Atom property, Atom protocol); DESCRIPTION
XmDeactivateProtocol deactivates a protocol without removing it. It updates the handlers and the property if the shell is realized. It is sometimes useful to allow a protocol's state information (callback lists, and so on) to persist, even though the client may choose to tem- porarily resign from the interaction. The main use of this capability is to gray/ungray f.send_msg entries in the MWM system menu. To support this capability, protocol is allowed to be in one of two states: active or inactive. If protocol is active and shell is realized, property contains the protocol Atom. If protocol is inactive, Atom is not present in the property. XmDeactivateWMProtocol is a convenience interface. It calls XmDeactivateProtocol with the property value set to the atom returned by interning WM_PROTOCOLS. shell Specifies the widget with which the protocol property is associated property Specifies the protocol property protocol Specifies the protocol atom For a complete definition of VendorShell and its associated resources, see VendorShell(3). RELATED
mwm(1), VendorShell(3), XmActivateProtocol(3), XmDeactivateWMProtocol(3), and XmInternAtom(3). XmDeactivateProtocol(library call)