Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Transfer server to server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Transfer server to server Post 13969 by Mariano on Friday 25th of January 2002 01:45:40 PM
Old 01-25-2002
How to

Thanks for your quickly response. I don't know what is the best way to compress this .tar file.

Can you help me again?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

client-server message transfer

using fork().how do v send and receive messages in child and parent process. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnavel
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. Linux

transfer files from the server 1 to server 2

I want to transfer files from the server 1 to server 2, but only information available FTP my server 2 How? Is there a script help me in the transfer of files through FTP :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bomozah
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from one server to another server in unix

Hi, Can anyone help me. I am a new user in unix. I want to transfer (ftp) a file from one unix server to another server. Kindly help me. more details: server 1 file_name a.lst path: :/temp server 2 path : /develp/temp Thanks, Raj, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: easterraj
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Transfer From one server to another server

How to transfer a file from one sevrer to another server ? Please explain it with examples with all alternatives. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh Kumar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to transfer files to remote FTPS server instead of local FTPS server

Hi, I am working on an application which runs on an Informatica Red-Hat 5.10 Linux Server. The application involves several Informatica ETL workflows which generate 100s of Text files with lot of data. Many of the files will each be up to 5 GB in size. Currently the Informatica server itself... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to transfer files using between server A and B

Hi All, I have generated public and private pair to avoid to enter password manually while sending files through sftp. But still I am facing issues and every-time prompt asking enter password. Below are steps I fallowed to make ssh connection between two servers. 1. Generated public and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renukeswar
5 Replies
SHTOOL-TARBALL.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					     SHTOOL-TARBALL.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-tarball - GNU shtool command for rolling standardized tarballs SYNOPSIS
shtool tarball [-t|--trace] [-v|--verbose] [-o|--output tarball] [-c|--compress prog] [-d|--directory directory] [-u|--user user] [-g|--group group] [-e|--exclude pattern] path [path ...] DESCRIPTION
This command is for rolling input files under path into a distribution tarballs which can be extracted by tar(1). The four important aspects of good open source software tarballs are: (1) unpack into a single top-level directory, (2) top-level directory corresponds to the tarball filename, (3) tarball files should be sorted and (4) arbitrary names for file owner and group. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -o, --output tarball Output tarball to file tarball. -c, --compress prog Pipe resulting tarball through compression program prog. -d, --directory directory Sets the top-level directory into which the tarball unpacks. By default it is tarball without the trailing ".tar.*" extension. -u, --user user The user (owner) of files and directories in the tarball to user. -g, --group group The group of files and directories in the tarball to group. -e, --exclude pattern Exclude files and directories matching comma-separated list of regex pattern from the tarball. Directories are expanded before the filtering takes place. The default filter pattern is ""CVS,\.cvsignore,\.svn,\.[oa]$"". EXAMPLE
# Makefile.in dist: ... V=`shtool version -d short ...`; shtool tarball -o foobar-$$V.tar.gz -c 'gzip -9' -u bar -g gnu -e 'CVS,.cvsignore' . HISTORY
The GNU shtool tarball command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1999 for GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), tar(1), compress(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-TARBALL.TMP(1)