Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aix Cloning
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Aix Cloning Post 13831 by annette on Thursday 24th of January 2002 07:13:20 AM
Old 01-24-2002
Aix Cloning

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about
aix cloning?

I would be very grateful for any information at all.

Thanking you in advance

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Cloning

I'm looking for software that can clone Unix Partitions. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimv2502893
2 Replies

2. SCO

Disk cloning

Hello everybody, :confused: I have to change the system disk on an old PC running SCO 5.0.5. The disk is up and running, this is a preventive action. My experience on UNIX is very limited and I look for the easyest solution to clone this unit. Is it possible with commands or through a clone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhachez
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP10.20 Cloning

Good day all. So, here's the situation. I have (7x) B180L VISUALIZE WORKSTATION's with Transtec 5100 RAID (RAID 5, 9.1 GB HDD's) towers running of UNIX HP10.20. It's time to replace the RAID's with new ones, them being Fibrenetix FX606 5 bay SATA RAID, 5 bay SATA-SCSI desktop RAID including 80Gb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tony_dw
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

cloning a server

I wish to clone a RedHat EL5 server. What's the easiest way to do this? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wazzu62
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cloning

Hi, Is there disadvantages if we do AIX Serevr cloning to the new AIX server. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Server Cloning

Hi, Is there disadvantages if we do AIX Serevr cloning to the new AIX server. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX server cloning

Hello Friends, Am in requirement to clone a Live HP-UX server here's details OS: HpUX B-11.11 with mirrored LVM disks . S/ws: Remedy, XML engine, Annoysystem, Oracle All Oracle, XMl and Remedy data is on SAM LUN which is used for clustering . My requirement to create a clone server and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
10 Replies

8. Ubuntu

dd cloning of whole disk

I am using 'dd' to clone an entire hard drive which only has Ubuntu 11.10 and some data with no special options. The disks are both 1Tb, However, I did re-partition the target disk with gparted successfully. The new partions are not the same size as the source disk. When starting 'dd' no partitions... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
24 Replies

9. Linux

Disk cloning ?

Dear All I needed to clone my disk to another hard drive . I did it as the following : #dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdc But after a while, the procedure ended with the "writing to /dev/sdc input/output error" message. Can you please let me know how can I overcome this as the fdisk now returns as "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
1 Replies

10. AIX

IBM AIX 5.2 cloning Hdds

I have an old IBM Power 5 9111-520 that has data on it but the system is failing. I need to move it to a more reliable server. The current system has two drives and no raid. I would like to setup my "newer" system with raid and two partitions then clone my setup over. What is the best way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BDC80
2 Replies
MooseX::Clone(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					MooseX::Clone(3pm)

NAME
MooseX::Clone - Fine grained cloning support for Moose objects. SYNOPSIS
package Bar; use Moose; with qw(MooseX::Clone); has foo => ( isa => "Foo", traits => [qw(Clone)], # this attribute will be recursively cloned ); package Foo; use Moose; # this API is used/provided by MooseX::Clone sub clone { my ( $self, %params ) = @_; # ... } # used like this: my $bar = Bar->new( foo => Foo->new ); my $copy = $bar->clone( foo => [ qw(Args for Foo::clone) ] ); DESCRIPTION
Out of the box Moose only provides very barebones cloning support in order to maximize flexibility. This role provides a "clone" method that makes use of the low level cloning support already in Moose and adds selective deep cloning based on introspection on top of that. Attributes with the "Clone" trait will handle cloning of data within the object, typically delegating to the attribute value's own "clone" method. TRAITS
Clone By default Moose objects are cloned like this: bless { %$old }, ref $old; By specifying the Clone trait for certain attributes custom behavior the value's own "clone" method will be invoked. By extending this trait you can create custom cloning for certain attributes. By creating "clone" methods for your objects (e.g. by composing MooseX::Compile) you can make them interact with this trait. NoClone Specifies attributes that should be skipped entirely while cloning. METHODS
clone %params Returns a clone of the object. All attributes which do the MooseX::Clone::Meta::Attribute::Trait::Clone role will handle cloning of that attribute. All other fields are plainly copied over, just like in "clone_object" in Class::MOP::Class. Attributes whose "init_arg" is in %params and who do the "Clone" trait will get that argument passed to the "clone" method (dereferenced). If the attribute does not self-clone then the param is used normally by "clone_object" in Class::MOP::Class, that is it will simply shadow the previous value, and does not have to be an array or hash reference. TODO
Refactor to work in term of a metaclass trait so that "meta->clone_object" will still do the right thing. THANKS
clkao made the food required to write this module VERSION CONTROL
<http://code2.0beta.co.uk/moose/svn/>. Ask on #moose for commit bits. AUTHOR
Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@woobling.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008 Yuval Kogman. All rights reserved This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-14 MooseX::Clone(3pm)