Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking linux and win nt working together Post 13815 by sgiman on Wednesday 23rd of January 2002 11:12:48 PM
Old 01-24-2002
you try it !!

• Hi !
    linux have been support IPX/windows protocl connect novell and bound samba module connect windows,just install it .Ok

sgiman@sohu.com

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Freebsd and win 2000 working 2gether?

Hi Brothers, Please, I've just purchased a new PC and I would like to have both win 2000 and freebsd in the same hard drive, ( 40GB and 128Mb ) can you please help how to set up my new hard drive , please! Thank you..... aka Polymorphous (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Polymorphous
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

win and linux

Hello everyone I have two disks one with win2000 and the other I´m going to install mandrake10 . There is some way when Im finished to install mandrake when Im boot the machine I can make a selection or windows or linux. When I do this in a single disk I have no problem. but In this case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. SuSE

writing on win ntfs partition from linux

Is it possible to save a file from linux environment to a windows ntfs partition? I use SUSE 8.3 and I can access win ntfs files only as read only. I want to know whether writing is possible on win ntfs partition. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suyashkunte
2 Replies

4. Linux

trying to map win xp machines in a linux

How do I map some winxp machines on a linux machine using samba? any help will be apreciated Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raulb
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

snmp linux win

I use snmp protocol on linux, now I have to use snmp on win, i use pc linux. I have activated the service snmp on win but I can not question him on my linux pc, you have any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fege
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

run win app on Linux -performance issue

We develop software for diagnostic tools for cars. we a use a portable PC(x86) runs Win98 to run our applications. Hence the working environment in the company is Windows, specifically we use BASIC to develop the GUI, communication functions, DLL, etc. and run them on the Win98 PC. We suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raedbenz
1 Replies

7. Linux

Favorite Synchronizers for Win & Linux

I'm looking for a new file/directory synchronizer. I've been using unison because it works on both windows and linux. However, it often chokes on the very long directory paths and file names I encounter when backing up eclipse and eclipse workspace directories. I suppose one could argue that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way for central user managet UNIX/Linux/win?

Hey there, I want to centralize my user managet in the next days, at first i want only centralize the user from my local network and later also from my servers. So I started looking around what I could use for this and only found openLDAP. I want to manage users for linux, OSX and Windows (if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dryPants
3 Replies

9. Fedora

Partitioning harddrive for installing Linux alongside win 7.

I'm planning on using two Linux OS's alongside win 7, one being Fedora KDE 30. So to prepare for the install I partitioned my harddrive using the Minitool Partition Wizard. I have a 320 GB hdd, so I nade one partiotion about 80 GB forFedora and then left about 70 GB as unused, to later... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndersA
2 Replies
IPX_INTERFACE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  IPX_INTERFACE(8)

NAME
ipx_interface - add, delete, or display an IPX interface SYNOPSIS
ipx_interface add [-p] device frame_type [network number[:node number]] ipx_interface del device frame_type ipx_interface delall ipx_interface check device frame_type ipx_interface help DESCRIPTION
ipx_interface adds, deletes, or displays IPX interfaces depending on the option selected. An IPX interface is the item to which IPX sockets are bound. An IPX interface corresponds to an IPX Network Number which corresponds to a physical device and frame type. A sample IPX Interface would be: Network Number: 0x00ABCDEF Device: Eth0 Frame Type: 802.2. There is a special IPX interface per host known as the PRIMARY or default interface. You should specify node number only if you really know, what you are doing - on point-to-point devices, on loopback and on tap device if you are running Compatibility mode driver. OPTIONS add This option is used to create an IPX interface. If the -p flag is used, the interface is made PRIMARY. The network number can be optionally assigned. If it is not assigned, it is set to 0 which indicates it should be detected from the traffic on the network. del This option is used to delete an IPX interface. delall This option is used to delete all IPX interfaces. check This option is used to display the device, frame type, and network number of an IPX interface. help This option displays information about the utility. FILES
/proc/net/ipx_interface /proc/net/ipx_route BUGS
This functionality really belongs in ifconfig(8). AUTHOR
Greg Page <greg.page@caldera.com> Caldera, Inc. IPX Utilities IPX_INTERFACE(8)