Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mount cdrom
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mount cdrom Post 13793 by Stormpie on Wednesday 23rd of January 2002 03:05:40 PM
Old 01-23-2002
mount cdrom

hi

when i want to mount my cdrom i got this error

cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

this is how my /etc/fstab looks like:

#device mntpoint FStype Options Dump pass
/dev/ad0s1b none swap sw 0 0
/dev/ad0s1a / ufs rw 1 1
/dev/ad0s1f /usr ufs rw 2 2
/dev/ad0s1e /var ufs rw 2 2
/dev/acd0c /cdrom cd9660 ro,noauto 0 0
proc /proc procfs rw 0 0

anyone got a solution for my problemo?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i mount a scsi extrnal cdrom on solaris 2?

ok i have had it i need help i am in 11th grade and i cant figure how to mount the dumb cdrom on the sparcstation 2. i have tried everything i know and it still doesnt see it. by the way this is for school so please help me. Jon aka wixifer (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wixifer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount cdrom

I have an external cdrom drive, which am tring to mount. I issued the following mkdir cdrom to create a mount point then mount -F cdfs /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s7 /cdrom but this is unsuccessful instead received an error message mount point not found can you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount cdrom

Info: Alpha Server ES40, True64 Unix 4.0F Symptom: root#file /dev/rrz*c root#. . /dev/rrz24c: character special (8/49154) EIDE #3 CDR-8435 disk #192 (scsi ID #0) (SCSI LUN #0) offline root#mount -r /dev/rz24c /mnt root#/dev/rz24c on /mnt: I/O error pls help me, i don't know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote mount of a cdrom

I am trying to remote mount a cdrom (Sun Ultra 10 running release 7) on another system. I followed the following procedure offered by a friend: To allow a drive to be mounted, edit /etc/dfs/dfstab file to include the following line: share -F nfs -o ro /usr/man On computer with drive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leond
3 Replies

5. AIX

mount directory as cdrom

Hi guy's, my first post here on the forum :p I did a quick search here, but did not find a direct hit, so decided to post my question. I'm taking my first steps into AIX, and right now I'm trying to install some software that I've downloaded as a zip file, and have this extracted into a mounted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psyduck
1 Replies

6. SCO

cdrom will not mount

I am trying to mount my a cd in my SCO 5.0.7 box and keep getting this: Alessandra! -->#mount -r /dev/cd0 /mnt mount: cannot stat '/dev/cd0' Alessandra! -->hwconfig name=kernel vec=- dma=- rel=3.2v5.0.7 kid=2003-02-18 name=cpu vec=- dma=- unit=1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

cannot mount cdrom with SAM

Hi there, I am building an HP UX 11 server (first time) and I'm trying to mount the CDROM with SAM. What am I supposed to enter in the "mount directory" box? Also, I can't ftp to the server due to a logon failure. I used root id and password. I deleted the file in the /etc/ftpd directory but... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbglo
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't mount cdrom

Hi there I am trying to mount a cdrom using: mount /cdrom and I get the error: mount: mount point cannot be determined If I try the command mount cdrom /cdrom nfs mount: nfs file system; use path I tried running mountall and mountall -F NFS but to no avail (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niamh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDROM does not mount

Hi people, I am a new user of Unix, I want to ask a basic question. I have a solaris 10 system. I want to use the cd-rom but I can't see what's inside in the cd. I put the cd and then ; root@hubatusvr # mount /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s2 /cdrom mount: /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s2 is already mounted or /cdrom is busy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubatuwang
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CDROM

Hi I have created a RHEL6 machine that is hosted on VMWare player that in turn runs off my Windows 7 PC. When I try and mount the CDROM on the RHEL6 box I get the following output: $ mount /dev/cdrom/media mount: can't find /dev/cdrom/media in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab $ Here is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
3 Replies
fstab(5)							File Formats Manual							  fstab(5)

Name
       fstab - file containing static information about known file systems

Description
       The  file  contains  descriptive information about the known file systems.  By convention, is created and maintained as a read-only file by
       the system administrator.  Each file system is described by its own line within The order of these lines and the file systems  they  repre-
       sent is important because and sequentially process in the performance of their tasks.

The format of each file system description in is as follows:
       spec:file:type:freq:passno:name:options
       The meanings of these fields are:

spec	 The block special file name of the device on which the file system is located.  It can also be a network name for such as or

file	 The pathname of the directory on which the file system is mounted.

type	 How the file system is mounted.  The ways in which a file system can be mounted are:
		 rw - mount the file system read-write
		 ro - mount the file system read only
		 rq - mount the file system read-write with quotas
		 sw - make the special file part of the swap space
		 xx - ignore the entry

freq	 The frequency (in days) with which the command dumps the rw, ro, and rq file systems.

passno	 The order in which the command checks the rw, ro, and rq file systems at reboot time.

name	 The  name  of	the file system type.  File systems can have the following types: ufs -- ULTRIX file system and nfs -- SUN Network
		 file system.

options	 The options field.  This field contains an arbitrary string meaningful only when mounting file systems with  the  specified  file
		 system type name, such as NFS.  The specific options are described in the reference pages.

Special	actions  occur for file systems of type sw and rq at system boot time.	File systems of type sw are made part of the swap space by
       the command and disk quotas are automatically processed by the command and then enabled by the command for rq file systems.

Examples
       Here is a sample file:
       /dev/ra0a:/:rw:1:1:ufs::
       /dev/ra1g:/usr:rw:1:2:ufs::
       /@bigvax:/bigvax:rw:0:0:nfs::
       /usr/uws2.0@bigvax:/usr/uws2.0:rw:0:0:nfs:soft,bg,nosuid:
       /usr/dec@bigvax:/usr/dec:rw:0:0:nfs:bg,soft,nosuid:
       /usr/pro/xyz@vax:/usr/pro/xyz:rw:0:0:nfs:bg,soft,intr,nosuid:
       The last three entries in the sample shown use NFS options as described in the reference page.

Restrictions
       The passno field of the root file system should be specified as 1.  Other file systems should have larger values.  File systems on the same
       device  should  have  distinct  passno  fields.	File systems on different devices may have the identical passno fields to allow them to be
       simultaneously checked.

All field delimiters (:) must exist within each file system description; only the options field may not	be  present.   However,  only  the
       fields spec and type are meaningful to sw file systems and only the type field is meaningful to xx file systems.

The file system description within should be parsed only through use of the routines.

Files
       File system information file

See Also
       getfsent(3x), dump(8), fsck(8), mount(8), mount(8nfs), mount(8ufs) quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), swapon(8)

fstab(5)