Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO UNIX HDD full backup
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SCO UNIX HDD full backup Post 13681 by jardas on Tuesday 22nd of January 2002 09:43:26 AM
Old 01-22-2002
Data SCO UNIX HDD full backup

HI ALL,
I need to backup HDD with SCO UNIX. I need to have a full functionaly backup of this hard disk. Does anybody have any tool or subsription how to do it. I tried some SW, but after when I tried to use this copy of my original disk "can not find a root directory". Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full Unix Backup

I would like to know if I can do a full system back up on my HP Unix Machine. If so, What is the syntax to do this or where can I find this information at? Also, is it possible to make this tape bootable so that I can easily do a full system restore? Any information on this would be appreciated!!!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apasuper8
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual HD Backup in Sco Unix

Hi all, I'm trying to set up a system that will backup one hard drive to another automatically, so in case the main disk fails, I can just swap it out for the backup. Hopefully someone out there knows what I am talking about. Anyway, can anyone recommend any programs for Sco Unix 5 that will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbishop311
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

IInd Hard Disk Mounting Problem on 1st HDD On SCO UNIX Open Server

Hi Engg. ! :mad: I have a harddisk on which SCO UNIX Open Server was installed. There was some data (in .dbf format) on it. Present condition of HDD is that it is not booting. Now I want to mount this HDD through other HDD on which SCO UNIX Open Server is installed by attaching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niraj Gopal Sha
0 Replies

4. SCO

SCO unix backup woes

Hello all, I'm still a novice at unix and SCO Openserver 5.0.5, however I have a couple years experience with Irix, a handful of linux distro's and Solaris 9.... Regardless, I have two identical RAID arrays, one of which runs SCO openserver 5.0.5, and the other which is completely blank. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spaceace13666
1 Replies

5. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 and Serial ATA HDD question

Hi guys, I have this quick question , is it posible to isntall SCO 5.0.7 on a serial ATA and if it is can you tell me how or maybe a website that has some info about this. I'm not using any raid, just one HDD. Thanks a lot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.5 installation on 80GB HDD

Hello, I have a P4, 2.4GHz, 256MB ASROCK mainboard: I am trying to install sco 5.0.5 on an 80gb hdd IDE . I have tried the following techniques: 1. using the updated wd btld image- no success 2. defbootstr biosgeom 3. use interactive divvy, make adjustments using dkinit/dparam during... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pude
0 Replies

7. SCO

Sco 5.06 How To Mount A 2nd Hdd Help Help!!!!

Hi guys, I have this problem , One of our client's hdd went down and we cannot boot up the machine , I've installed a new hdd with a fresh copy of SCO 5.0.6 same as the one in the old HDD, i think the data still good in the old HDD. My question!!! How can i access the data from the fresh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full System Backup Sco 5.0.5

I would like to know if I can do a full system back up on my Unix Sco openserver 5.0.5 Machine. If so, What is the syntax to do this or where can I find this information at? Also, is it possible to make this tape bootable so that I can easily do a full system restore? Any information on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nellenodrog
2 Replies

9. SCO

Dd (raw) image of SCO 5.0.6 mount as second hdd

Hi all I have read about mounting crashed HDD from a sco system in this forum. However this I received an image on raw format of the crashed system that was using an IDE HDD. Which method should I mount my image? IDE scsi or USB? The image is stores in an external connected through USB . Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeKenny
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Making HDD backup in sun Solaris system

Hello to all, I have Fujitsu Celzius M470 workstation which has Sun solaris system installed and want to make a complete backup of the hard drive. The existing HDD is SATA II, 500 GB. I don't have much experience working with SUN solaris systems (not at all) but have some experience with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick
5 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backup for iDevices running iOS4+. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. unback unpack a completed backup in DIRECTORY/_unback_/. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)