Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: validate
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting validate Post 13676 by ruffenator on Tuesday 22nd of January 2002 09:17:38 AM
Old 01-22-2002
hi this code doesnt work im affraid could someone please ammend the code or change it to make it work cauyse it asks you to enter a value, you enter it and it keeps asking for a value rather than exiting, please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate against a file

Hello all, I am having problem in writing a if condition for the following: I have a file Instance.dat which has: #Server Environment server1 dev server2 dev server3 sit #!/bin/ksh ENV=dev for i in $( cat Instances.dat | grep -v '#' |awk {'print $2'} ) do if ]... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Validate

I have one script by which I am taking Extraction Schedule in the following format ,,,...... Here I want validate the Input from user is okey or not. Let say i have one variable SCH SCH=12:34,23:12,11:20 Could you please tell me how I will validate it. HH & MM Both should be Numeric HH... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to validate a column?

Dear guru's, I am learning shellscripting and now I 'm struggeling with this problem: When the number in the left column is equal or higer then 200, I want to send an email to "postmaster" @ the corresponding domain in the right column. 220 shoes.com 217 dishwashers.net 209 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: algernonz
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to validate an IP address

hi I need a simple script to do the following. I need to check the user input for 1. quad dotted notation. 2. check that all of the inputs are numeric and within 1-255 range. Could someone please help me? I tried to use egrep to check for dotted notation. quad=1.1.1.12 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabina
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate input

the user inputs names that have to be inside square brackets I want to check if the user puts the brackets and if not ask him to re-enter the names (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DDoS
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate and Calculate

Hi, i am trying to validate 2 variables and then subtract, the following code works well in AiX but when i try in Solaris it doesnt work. ((TIME1>TIME2)) && ((TIME2=TIME2+864)) ((DIF=TIME2-TIME1)) echo difference = $DIF Seconds is there any way the validation can be done using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shellslave
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate the file

How do we validate the header file. The file number should increament by 1 (position 17 to 19) if not abend the process. first week ABC0001 20100101123 second week ABC0001 20100108124 Third week ABC0001 20100115125 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to validate that all 24 hr are in a table

I have a table that looks like this, but for a whole year: Hourly weather history for XXX 7 Jun 0:00 Clear weather 28 1:00 Clear weather 23 2:00 Clear weather 21 3:00 Clear weather 22 4:00 Clear weather 22 5:00 Clear weather 22 6:00 Clear weather 23 7:00 Clear... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulyester
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate timestamp

How to validate the user supplied timestamp? Ther requirement is as follows. While invoking the script, the parameters passed to the script are minimum and maixmum timestamps. let's say min_tstmp and max_tstmp ksh abc.ksh 2011-09-01-00:00:00 2011-12-01-00:00:00 so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me validate script

Hi Guys, Im a newbie to scripting and have a small assignment. can someone please confirm if the script i have written would work fine as we dont have a test server to test :( Scenario - copy 2 files from an ftp server (windows) to a linux machine (a perticular folder). run 2 different... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantvshah
0 Replies
mdoc-validate(1)					      General Commands Manual						  mdoc-validate(1)

NAME
mdoc validate - Validate XML documents against a schema SYNOPSIS
mdoc validate [OPTIONS]* PATHS+ DESCRIPTION
mdoc validate validates the specified PATHS against a specified format schema. OPTIONS
--format=FORMAT The documentation format to validate PATHS against. Supported formats include: ecma. See the FORMATS section below for more information about these formats. The default format (if none is specified) is ecma. -h, -?, --help Display a help message and exit. FORMATS
The following documentation formats are supported: ecma The Mono ECMA Documentation Format validates all output generated by mdoc-update(1) against an XML schema, including the index.xml, ns-*.xml, and NamespaceName/TypeName.xml files. See mdoc(5) for details about this file format. EXAMPLES
To validate the mdoc-update(1) output stored within a directory (and all documentation within that directory, recursively), use: mdoc validate /path/to/ecma/docs MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-docs-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit http://www.mono-project.com/mdoc for details mdoc-validate(1)