Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to the net through the command line Post 13602 by Neo on Sunday 20th of January 2002 08:52:28 PM
Old 01-20-2002
Do you mean a command line dial-up script to connect via a modem? Many people use chat ... From the man page:

Quote:
CHAT(8) CHAT(8)

NAME
chat - Automated conversational script with a modem

SYNOPSIS
chat [ options ] script

DESCRIPTION
The chat program defines a conversational exchange between
the computer and the modem. Its primary purpose is to
establish the connection between the Point-to-Point Proto-
col Daemon (pppd) and the remote's pppd process.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to samba server from unix command line

Hi, I am trying to connect to a samba server from my unix command line. I am using Ubuntu and I can access the server from the GUI, but I need to write a script to automate a backup. Does anyone know how to do a cd into a smb drive from the unix command line? Thanks, Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need Help on "waitfor" command in net::Telnet Module in PERL

Hi, Can anybody help me in writing command "waitfor" for string "C:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>" while using net::Telnet module. I tried the below format : $telnet->waitfor('/"C\:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>".*$/i'); Getting error as : pattern match timed-out Plz help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on use of "cmd" command in net::Telnet module in PERL

in "cmd" command i want to copy the ouput of the command excuted to a particular file in a directory. How to do this..?? Ex : $telnet->cmd(String => 'allip:acl=a1;',Prompt => '/</'); i want to copy o/p of the command "allip:acl=a1;" in a log file in a particular directory. Plz suggest.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSLeay or Net::FTPSSL

Hello, I ran into an issue in one of my monitoring scripts. If I use the public ip address in my connection string everything works, but if I switch the connection string ip to 127.0.0.1 or the internal ip I get, " Connection refused at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Styles
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command used for downloading file from net

Hi, Which command I can use to download a file from website? I tried with wget and lwp-dowload but no gain. Can any one suggest me the good way to dowload? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting through ftp command

I have a general problem of connection to my site 'noos'. My server's ftp name is 'mapage.noos.fr' and login is 'stehub', according to my hotline. I just need to fill the field Password to be connected (in software like Transmit or Dreamweaver), theorically. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK and my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

which shell command or utility will call the net device driver?

Hi, all: Which shell command or utility will call the open(), close(), hard_start_xmit(), rtl8139_rx(), or interrupt() functions in a network device driver I am debugging? Can "ping", "ftp", "scp", or "internet browser" finally call them? Best regards! li, kunlun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net rpc command clarification

Hi, I am checking below command to see the status of windows service from unix but due to "!" sign it is not accepting password. Please suggest alternative what should i do resolve the issue. net rpc service status W32Time -I 10.1.1.1 -U "mydomain\admin%Passwod12!" One more thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies
TTYTAB()																  TTYTAB()

NAME
ttytab - table of login terminals SYNOPSIS
/etc/ttytab DESCRIPTION
The ttytab file lists all the terminal devices that one can login on. It is a simple text file that contains lines of the form: name type "getty" "init" The name and type fields are simple words, name is the name of the terminal device with /dev stripped off, and type tells the type of ter- minal to initialize the TERM environment variable. The getty and init fields may name commands that are run to allow one to login on the line, or to initialize the line. Both these fields may be more than one word if the whole field is enclosed in double quotes. Getty is usually simply the word getty, the command that prints a system identification banner and allows on to type a name to log in. Init is usually an stty command to set the baud rate and parity of a serial line. The init field may be omitted to indicate that no initialization is necessary, and the getty field may be left out to not start a login process. Terminals should not be left out, because their place in the ttytab file determines their slot number as returned by ttyslot(3). Comments (introduced by #) and empty lines are ignored. EXAMPLE
A ttytab for the console, two serial lines, and a pseudo tty entry: console minix getty tty00 vt100 getty "stty 9600" tty01 dialup getty "stty 38400" ttyp0 network ENVIRONMENT
TERM Terminal type NOTES
It is customary to set the type to dialup for a dialin line. One can check for that name in one's .profile. SEE ALSO
gettyent(3), ttyslot(3), init(8). AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) TTYTAB()