Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting to the net through the command line Post 13594 by HaK9 on Sunday 20th of January 2002 04:06:50 PM
Old 01-20-2002
Question Connecting to the net through the command line

hey,
ive got a quetion for any one who can answer, im running mac os x and when you're at the login screen and type in ">console" as the user name it launches a complete command line enviroment once in that enviroment are there any text based utilities that i could use to connect to my isp?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to samba server from unix command line

Hi, I am trying to connect to a samba server from my unix command line. I am using Ubuntu and I can access the server from the GUI, but I need to write a script to automate a backup. Does anyone know how to do a cd into a smb drive from the unix command line? Thanks, Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need Help on "waitfor" command in net::Telnet Module in PERL

Hi, Can anybody help me in writing command "waitfor" for string "C:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>" while using net::Telnet module. I tried the below format : $telnet->waitfor('/"C\:\WINNT\Profiles\mfcf0508>".*$/i'); Getting error as : pattern match timed-out Plz help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on use of "cmd" command in net::Telnet module in PERL

in "cmd" command i want to copy the ouput of the command excuted to a particular file in a directory. How to do this..?? Ex : $telnet->cmd(String => 'allip:acl=a1;',Prompt => '/</'); i want to copy o/p of the command "allip:acl=a1;" in a log file in a particular directory. Plz suggest.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSLeay or Net::FTPSSL

Hello, I ran into an issue in one of my monitoring scripts. If I use the public ip address in my connection string everything works, but if I switch the connection string ip to 127.0.0.1 or the internal ip I get, " Connection refused at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Styles
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command used for downloading file from net

Hi, Which command I can use to download a file from website? I tried with wget and lwp-dowload but no gain. Can any one suggest me the good way to dowload? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting through ftp command

I have a general problem of connection to my site 'noos'. My server's ftp name is 'mapage.noos.fr' and login is 'stehub', according to my hotline. I just need to fill the field Password to be connected (in software like Transmit or Dreamweaver), theorically. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK and my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

which shell command or utility will call the net device driver?

Hi, all: Which shell command or utility will call the open(), close(), hard_start_xmit(), rtl8139_rx(), or interrupt() functions in a network device driver I am debugging? Can "ping", "ftp", "scp", or "internet browser" finally call them? Best regards! li, kunlun (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net rpc command clarification

Hi, I am checking below command to see the status of windows service from unix but due to "!" sign it is not accepting password. Please suggest alternative what should i do resolve the issue. net rpc service status W32Time -I 10.1.1.1 -U "mydomain\admin%Passwod12!" One more thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies
OPEN(1) 							     Linux 1.x								   OPEN(1)

NAME
open - start a program on a new virtual terminal (VT). SYNOPSIS
open [-c vtnumber] [-s] [-u] [-l] [-v] [--] command command_options DESCRIPTION
open will find the first available VT, and run on it the given command with the given command options, standard input, output and error are directed to that terminal. The current search path ($PATH) is used to find the requested command. If no command is specified then the envi- ronment variable $SHELL is used. OPTIONS -c vtnumber Use the given VT number and not the first available. Note you must have write access to the supplied VT for this to work. -s Switch to the new VT when starting the command. The VT of the new command will be made the new current VT. -u Figure out the owner of the current VT, and run login as that user. Suitable to be called by init. Shouldn't be used with -c or -l. -l Make the command a login shell. A - is prepended to the name of the command to be executed. -v Be a bit more verbose. -w wait for command to complete. If -w and -s are used together then open will switch back to the controlling terminal when the command completes. -- end of options to open. NOTE
If open is compiled with a POSIX (Gnu) getopt() and you wish to set options to the command to be run, then you must supply the end of options -- flag before the command. EXAMPLES
open can be used to start a shell on the next free VT, by using the command: open bash To start the shell as a login shell, use: open -l bash To get a long listing you must supply the -- separator: open -- ls -l SEE ALSO
login(1), doshell(8), switchto(1). AUTHOR
Jon Tombs <jon@gtex02.us.es or jon@robots.ox.ac.uk> -w idea from "sam". 19 Jul 1996 V1.4 OPEN(1)