Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mapping drives
Special Forums IP Networking mapping drives Post 13501 by cs_sakthi on Friday 18th of January 2002 06:08:30 AM
Old 01-18-2002
Question mapping drives

how can i map a shared network drive? Is there any command to perform mapping?

For example if i want to map a shared directory named "wwwroot" in machine "dev001" to my machine's "X" drive, how can it be done??

-Thanks
Sakthi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX

hi how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kernel mapping...

> how the sendmsg and recvmsg calls will know which kernel module to use (SCTP, RTP etc.) internally(kernel mapping: how kernel handle socket call) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prangin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mapping PF Keys in Vi

This is my first post and right off the bat, I want to let you know that my experience in UNIX is 2 days only backed up with over 20 years of IT working. So, if this is a dumb question or too stupid, please bear with me. I read somewhere on the web and also on these forums that you can map your... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern mapping

Dear Friends, Please help me on this I have file A.txt containing text lines as below grectec; 30 ,50, 60, base_123 ; top09 grectec; 30 ,55, 60, base_123 ; top09 grectec; 10 ,53, 60, base_123 ; top09 grectec; 50 ,57, 60, base_123 ; top09 ... ... another file B.txt containing test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bit Mapping

Hi All, I am working on the Scenario where i need compare the integer value with other using bit mapping. input file, 1,4,5,4 1,2,4,6 2,3,4,4 like i have many fields. Script : i need to filter hte field one value "1" and field 3 value "4" and Filed 4 i need to do the Bitwise... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: readycpbala
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mapping two files

I have a large comma delimited file from which i have to extract a specific column, compare it against a static file and replace the column value with the matching column from the static file. The following are the files: Main file: mainfile.csv test1234,,real,,,,open,,,,EU,,,,23/03/2012... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help With Mapping machine

Hi All, I need an urgent assistance please . My case below: I have a list of 500 IP addresses. All These ip addresses are mapped/connected to different machine kinds : NT, Linux, Switch, Router ,FW, and so on. My Requirement is to filter from all this ip address only the Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Stone
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mapping Servers

Hi All, I need an urgent assistance please . My case below: I have a list of 500 IP addresses. All These ip addresses are mapped/connected to different machine kinds : NT, Linux, Switch, Router ,FW, and so on. My Requirement is to filter from all this ip address only the Linux machines.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Stone
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Many to many -- mapping

INPUT 13333--TEXT1 14444--TEXT2 13333--TEXT3 12233--TEXT5 14444--TEXT5 12233--TEXT1 12222--TEXT5 13333--TEXT09 what I'm looking for is something using awk arrays with below given output. 14444--TEXT2,TEXT5 13333--TEXT1,TEXT3,TEXT09 12233--TEXT5,TEXT1 12222--TEXT5 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
6 Replies
XSetPointerMapping()													      XSetPointerMapping()

Name
  XSetPointerMapping - set the pointer button mapping.

Synopsis
  int XSetPointerMapping(display, map, nmap)
	Display *display;
	unsigned char map[];
	int nmap;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

map	    Specifies the mapping list.

nmap	    Specifies the number of items in the mapping list.

Returns
  MappingSuccess on success; MappingBusy on failure.

Description
  XSetPointerMapping()	sets  the  mapping  of the pointer buttons.  Elements of the map list are indexed starting from 1.  The length of the
  list nmap must be the same as XGetPointerMapping() returns (you must call that first).  The index is a physical button number, and the ele-
  ment of the list defines the effective button number.  In other words, if map[2] is set to 1, when the second physical button is pressed, a
  ButtonPress event will be generated if Button1Mask was selected but not if Button2Mask was selected.	The button member in the  event  will
  read Button1.

No  two  elements  can  have the same non-zero value (else a BadValue error).  A value of zero for an element of map disables a button, and
  values for elements are not restricted in value by the number of physical buttons.  If any of the buttons to be altered  are	currently  in
  the down state, the returned value is MappingBusy and the mapping is not changed.

This	function returns either MappingSuccess or MappingBusy.	XSetPointerMapping() generates a MappingNotify event when it returns Mapping-
  Success.

Errors
  BadValue  Two elements of map[] have same non-zero value.
	    nmap not equal to XGetPointerMapping() return value.

See Also
  XChangeActivePointerGrab(), XChangePointerControl(), XGetPointerControl(), XGetPointerMapping(), XGrabPointer(), XQueryPointer(),  XUngrab-
  Pointer(), XWarpPointer().

Xlib - Pointer														      XSetPointerMapping()