Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 3d graphics apps for unix/solaris Post 1350 by Neo on Tuesday 27th of February 2001 09:20:13 PM
Old 02-27-2001
There are plenty of nice graphics packages that are free; but you did not say what you are looking for! Graphics is a big word Smilie

From my experience, Sun graphics cards have special cables that work with Sun monitors. You might have a problem setting up your ViewSonic. My suggestion would be a google search, for example:

http://www.google.com/search?q=views...ng_en&safe=off

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you use linux apps on unix

I know its a stupid question... but i cant find anyone that will host on linux for the prices i want. I want to host a game server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sLaeYa^^
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

3. Solaris

locating additiona apps/sw on Solaris 9

I was asked to find all of the applications/software/utility programs on a couple of the servers we have here. That does not appear to be a problem as we know most of these stuff are probably put in the /opt or the /usr directory. Is this the only location where these software are put? Is there a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
3 Replies

4. Solaris

draw graphics to stdout in solaris

Hi all.. I am trying to draw a line on the monitor on sun platform machine. I tried a simple program. #include<stdio.h> #include<plot.h> int main() { openpl(); linemod("dotted"); line(1000,1000,2000,2000); closepl(); return 0; } It doesn't produce the desired result. If one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamasam
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Graphics problem in solaris 10

Hi, I have installed solaris 10/09 release in dell gx 520 desktop, it doesn't support graphics, i installed through text mode, can anyone tell how to get graphics on dell gx520 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris latest CPU patch graphics/gui issue

We just installed the latest Oracle Solaris 10 Sparc 64-Bit CPU patch (10/2012) and we are no longer able to access the GUI or the console after the OBP. We believe that this is a graphics issue. It has affected out t2000 xvr-200 graphics server and also out v440 xvr-100 graphics server. We are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: topper24501
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

UNIX apps on CYGWIN

Hi all, am new to the forum. i would like to check with the community whether anyone had tried to run self-developed UNIX apps on the CYGWIN? Does the CYGWIN presents a friendly environment to host the UNIX apps? thanks :) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
14 Replies
ELVI(1sr)																 ELVI(1sr)

NAME
elvi - surfraw(1) search tools SYNOPSIS
surfraw elviname [options] search words ... sr elviname [options] search words ... sr elviname -help sr -elvi DESCRIPTION
This is the man page for the elvi, a set of search tools that form part of surfraw(1). Surfraw provides a fast unix command line interface to a variety of popular WWW search engines and other artifacts of power. It reclaims google, altavista, dejanews, freshmeat, research index, slashdot and many others from the false-prophet, pox-infested heathen lands of html-forms, placing these wonders where they belong, deep in unix heartland, as god loving extensions to the shell. To search using this elvis, do: sr elvisname [options] search terms. For example, to search google for information on Debian ports, using the "I'm feeling lucky" option: sr google -l debian ports To find out about options specific to this elvis, do: sr elvisname -local-help To find out about surfraw, see the man page for surfraw(1). To see the full list of elvi, do: sr -elvi Adding the elvi to your path If you are a regular user of surfraw, you will probably get sick of typing sr or surfraw each time. You can regain the old behaviour of running the elvi directly by adding the elvi directory (/usr/lib/surfraw) to your path, either manually or using surfraw-update-path(1). OPTIONS
Use sr elviname -local-help for elvi-specific options. The following options work with all elvi. -help Show summary of options (including elvi-specific options). -local-help Show elvi-specific options. -version Show version of program. -browser=EXECUTABLE Set browser (default: sensible-browser). -elvi Display a list of other Surfraw mechanisms for conquering evil. -escape-url-args=yes|no Apply url escaping to arguments (default: yes) -q|-quote Bracket arguments with " characters (default: no) Note that putting quotes round arguments works now, so you can do, for example: sr google foo "bar baz" bam and the quoting is passed on to the search engine EXAMPLES
$ sr ask why is jeeves gay? $ surfraw google -results=100 RMS, GNU, which is sinner, which is sin? $ sr austlii -method=phrase dog like $ /usr/lib/surfraw/rhyme -method=perfect Julian BUGS
Please report any bugs found (or any web sites in need of surfrawizing) either via the debian bug tracking system (http://bugs.debian.org/) or to the surfraw-devel list (surfraw-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org). SEE ALSO
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/surfraw/ PROPAGANDA
Oh Baybe I need some Deep Linking Let us go Surfin' in the raw! Read HACKING. Surfrawize the soul of your favourite internet wonder. Join the Shell Users' Revolutionary Front Against the WWW by submit- ting code. Reclaim heathen lands. Bear witness to the truth. Its love will set you free. Join us on surfraw-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org AUTHORS
Originally written by Julian Assange. Now maintained by the surfraw-devel team <surfraw-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>. See the file AUTHORS for the full list of contributors. Man page by Ian Beckwith, based on the original README and an earlier man page for surfraw(1) by Christian Surchi. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2010 The Surfraw-Devel Team <surfraw-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org> Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Julian Assange <proff@iq.org> Copyright (c) 2001 Australian Institute for Collaborative Research Copyright (c) 2000 Melbourne Institute for Advanced Study The copyright holders listed above assert no rights on this release of the software ``surfraw'' and thereby explicity place this release into the into the public domain. Do what you will. Feb 03, 2004 ELVI(1sr)