Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doskey
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Doskey Post 13454 by cns on Thursday 17th of January 2002 09:59:18 AM
Old 01-17-2002
First hit the [Esc] key, then the [-] key to retrieve the previous command. You can hit the [-] key again and again to retrieve the previous commands.

To edit the retrieved command your commandline acts like in the vi-editor.
This User Gave Thanks to cns For This Post:

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOSKEY

I am a new UNIX user. I use SCO Openserver 5. I am also a longtime MS-DOS user (since 1981). There was a program with DOS called DOSKEY. It allowed you to assign a code to an F key; every time you pressed that F key you got the code on the command line. You could put in whatever command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimwelch4
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command similar to doskey

Hello all, I need a help in unix. is there any command in unix similar to doskey in MS Dos. It taked pain to enter the big command again and again.. the up and down arrows do not bring the previous commands on the prompt. so pls let me know if there is any command to enable the doskey kind of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: halel
4 Replies
NPM-CONFIG(1)                                                                                                                        NPM-CONFIG(1)

NAME
npm-config - Manage the npm configuration files SYNOPSIS
npm config set <key> <value> [-g|--global] npm config get <key> npm config delete <key> npm config list [-l] [--json] npm config edit npm get <key> npm set <key> <value> [-g|--global] aliases: c DESCRIPTION
npm gets its config settings from the command line, environment variables, npmrc files, and in some cases, the package.json file. See npm help 5 npmrc for more information about the npmrc files. See npm help 7 npm-config for a more thorough discussion of the mechanisms involved. The npm config command can be used to update and edit the contents of the user and global npmrc files. Sub-commands Config supports the following sub-commands: set npm config set key value Sets the config key to the value. If value is omitted, then it sets it to "true". get npm config get key Echo the config value to stdout. list npm config list Show all the config settings. Use -l to also show defaults. Use --json to show the settings in json format. delete npm config delete key Deletes the key from all configuration files. edit npm config edit Opens the config file in an editor. Use the --global flag to edit the global config. SEE ALSO
o npm help 5 folders o npm help 7 config o npm help 5 package.json o npm help 5 npmrc o npm help npm January 2019 NPM-CONFIG(1)