Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix to Lotus Notes email attachment Post 13351 by LivinFree on Wednesday 16th of January 2002 02:39:46 AM
Old 01-16-2002
You can use MIME.... You can use a simple, fudged up version, supplying your own headers, like in the script I supplied. It will send a PDF file to the user. Use it like follows:
mailmime.sh myfile.pdf recipient.address@place.com
Code:
#!/bin/sh

my_file="$1"
recip_adr="$2"

echo "\
Subject: File attached for your approval
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: multipart/mixed; boundary="^A^A^A^A^A"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--^A^A^A^A^A
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; name="BDY.TXT"
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="BDY.TXT"

Please review the attached file.

--^A^A^A^A^A
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; name="attachment.txt"
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="attachment.txt"

" > mailfile

cat ${my_file} >> mailfile
echo "
--^A^A^A^A^A--" >> mailfile

sendmail ${recip_adr} < mailfile

This trick is used by our admin here to send out automated text reports to various people. I modified it to be standalone, and it could be modified much more for your needs as well...

Hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix to Lotus Notes email attachment

We have been trying to get an email from unix to Lotus Notes to work. We finally got it to work with the following code: cat filename | uuencode filename | mailx -s "subject title" email address Now our problem is that Lotus Notes doesn't show the paper clip icon, indicating an attachment... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowgilm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send mail to a UNIX machine to my Lotus Notes

Hi, I'am new in system administration, and I would like to send file from my UNIX machine running on Aix 4.3.3 to the Lotus Notes V5 mail of my colleagues . So I heard about the sendmail command, but I don't know excatly how to use it for send my files . Please if you have a idea, help me !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lotus Notes on Solaris

Does anyone know if you can run Notes on a SunBlade? This is the last program I need to completely get away from all MS boxes, if I can run my Notes on my Blade I won't need this ratty MS box! Thanks! JP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encrypted Email to Lotus notes

I am using mailx command to send automated emails from the Unix to Lotus notes. Recently we got a requirement to send all emails as encrypted emails. I am not sure how I can encrypt an email using unix. Please help!! Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamika
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from Lotus notes mail server

Hi, is there any way Unix shell script can directly read a mail on a mail server (Lotus notes) and save it as a text file in a unix directory ? For eg mail can be at abc@xyz.com and the same should be stored at home/script on def.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mutiple files thru email to lotus notes

Hi All, I am currently using the following script to send the single file to one/more email addresses. I need to send mutilple files at same time, are there anyway I could modify the script or write new one to accomplish the same. Script *************** #!/bin/ksh # Author: Manish... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapisguy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail attachment to lotus notes

Hi All, We have requirement to send lotus notes email attachment to mutiple users. Each user has a separate file name ,but the file name and mail id will be same please help urgent Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrmk
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sending email to Lotus Notes

Hello, I have tired the commands like below to send a email with an attachment to IBM lotus notes uuencode filename filename | Mail -s "subject" addr uuencode filename filename | mailx -s "subject" addr uuencode filename filename | sendmail addr All of three command work. But I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babykings
0 Replies

9. AIX

Need help on sending emails to Lotus Notes from Unix

Hi, I am new to UNIX and any help is greatly appreciated. Requirement: Need to check the directory and if the directory has some files then an email needs to be sent to the email ID on Lotus Notes. I need help on sending an email to email ID on Lotus Notes notifying that the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neetutg
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file from Lotus notes DB

Hi, is there any way Unix shell script can directly read a mail on a mail server (Lotus notes) and save it as a text file in a unix directory ? For eg mail can be at abc@xyz.com and the same should be stored at home/script on def.com Thanks in advance, CD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdprasad.ait
2 Replies
DACSEMAIL(1)						       DACS Commands Manual						      DACSEMAIL(1)

NAME
dacsemail - Simple outgoing email agent SYNOPSIS
dacsemail [-bcc addr] [{-bf | --bodyfile} path] [{-bs | --bodystring} string] [-cc addr] [-ct value] [{-f | --from} from] [-h | --help] [-header name value] [{-mailer | -mta} path] [{-mailer-flags | -mta-flags} string] [-p | --prompt] [-save path] [{-s | --subject} subject] [-sender sender] [{-t | --to} addr] [-transform] [-v | --verbose] [-var name value] DESCRIPTION
This program is part of the DACS suite. The dacsemail utility is a simple agent for sending email messages. It is a stand-alone program that neither accepts the usual DACS command line options (dacsoptions[1]) nor accesses any DACS configuration files. dacsemail constructs an RFC 822[2] format message but does not transmit it. It requires an external mailer, such as sendmail(8)[3], to transfer the message. The mailer command and its arguments can be specified on the dacsemail command line (see -mailer) or at build time (see dacs.install(7)[4]). OPTIONS
If the source for the message body is not specified on the command line, it will be read from the standard input. At least one recipient must be specified using -t, -cc, or -bcc. -bcc addr Send the message to the undisclosed recipient address addr. It is the responsibility of the mailer to delete these recipient addresses before transmitting the message. This flag may be repeated. -bf path --bodyfile path Read the message body from path. If path is -, the standard input is read. -bs string --bodystring string Use string as the message body. -cc addr Send the message to recipient addr as a carbon copy. This flag may be repeated. -ct value Add a Content-type header of MIME type value to the message. If value is multipart/alternative, an appropriate boundary variable will be created, unless one has already been specified on the command line with the -var flag. It is assumed that the message body has already been correctly formatted for this MIME type, or will be after it has been transformed (see -transform). -f from --from from Use from as the value of the message's From header. -h --help Print usage information and then exit. -header name value Add a message header named name with value value. This flag should only be used for headers that do not have specific flags (-t, -ct, -f, and so on). -mailer path -mta path Use the message transfer agent command path (a full pathname) instead of the configured program. This program must read the message from its standard input and extract the list of recipients from the message's To, Cc, and Bcc headers. (If such a mailer is unavailable, it will be necessary to write a small program to wrap a mailer and provide the required interface to dacsemail.) The default is to run sendmail(8)[3] with its -t flag. -mailer-flags string -mta-flags string Regardless of the mailer, use string for its command line flags. -p --prompt Just before the message is to be sent, display it (to stderr) and wait for the user to respond to a prompt. At the prompt, the user may abort the message or allow it to be sent. -save path Just before sending (or prompting), write a copy of the outgoing message to path, replacing any previous contents of the file. -s subject --subject subject Set the message's Subject header to subject. -sender sender Set the message's Sender header to sender. -t addr --to addr Add addr as a "To" recipient. This flag may be repeated. -transform The message body, regardless of how it is specified, is filtered through the DACS transformation function. Please refer to dacs_transform(8)[5] for details. No access control rules may be associated with any transformation; i.e., they are all unconditional. A similar effect can be obtained by piping the output of dacstransform(1)[6] into dacsemail. -v --verbose Enable verbose output for debugging. -var name value Create a variable[7] named name set to value for the transform function. The variable's value can be referenced within the message body in the DACS namespace as ${DACS::name}. The variable must not already be defined. EXAMPLES
Suppose the myfile contains the following text: <!--DACS expand="*" --> This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --${DACS::boundary} Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, ${DACS::user}! --${DACS::boundary} Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <p> <font color="red">Hello, ${DACS::user}!</font> </p> --${DACS::boundary}-- <!--DACS end="*" --> The following command might be used to send a message with a multipart/alternative structured body: % dacsemail -ct multipart/alternative -f auggie@example.com -t harley@example.com -s "Hello" -transform -var user Auggie -bf myfile The resulting message will look something like the following: To: harley@example.com From: auggie@example.com Subject: Hello Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_----------=_03885942562898683484" Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:48:41 -0700 (PDT) Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-mailer: DACS 1.4.24a This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --_----------=_03885942562898683484 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Auggie! --_----------=_03885942562898683484 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <p> <font color="red">Hello, Auggie!</font> </p> --_----------=_03885942562898683484-- FILES
None. DIAGNOSTICS
The program exits 0 if everything was fine, 1 if an error occurred. Error messages are printed to stderr. Errors and routine messages from the mailer are recorded wherever they usually logged, outside of DACS BUGS
This program's primary purpose is for testing DACS functionality that is needed for internal purposes. No significant improvements are envisioned. You could throw a rock and hit a better email agent. SEE ALSO
dacs.exprs(5)[8], dacs.install(7)[4], dacs_transform(8)[5], sendmail(8)[3] AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[9]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[10] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacsoptions http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.1.html#dacsoptions 2. RFC 822 http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc822.txt 3. sendmail(8) http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=sendmail&apropos=0&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD+9.0-RELEASE&format=html 4. dacs.install(7) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.install.7.html#configure_options 5. dacs_transform(8) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs_transform.8.html 6. dacstransform(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacstransform.1.html 7. a variable http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.exprs.5.html#variable_syntax 8. dacs.exprs(5) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.exprs.5.html#transform 9. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 10. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACSEMAIL(1)