Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix to Lotus Notes email attachment Post 13290 by skammer on Tuesday 15th of January 2002 10:34:08 AM
Old 01-15-2002
Power sending a attachment from unix to Lotus Notes

I am trying to do the same thing. The file that sets sent is in the message box. I was wondering if there is a way to send mail as an actual stand alone file.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix to Lotus Notes email attachment

We have been trying to get an email from unix to Lotus Notes to work. We finally got it to work with the following code: cat filename | uuencode filename | mailx -s "subject title" email address Now our problem is that Lotus Notes doesn't show the paper clip icon, indicating an attachment... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowgilm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send mail to a UNIX machine to my Lotus Notes

Hi, I'am new in system administration, and I would like to send file from my UNIX machine running on Aix 4.3.3 to the Lotus Notes V5 mail of my colleagues . So I heard about the sendmail command, but I don't know excatly how to use it for send my files . Please if you have a idea, help me !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lotus Notes on Solaris

Does anyone know if you can run Notes on a SunBlade? This is the last program I need to completely get away from all MS boxes, if I can run my Notes on my Blade I won't need this ratty MS box! Thanks! JP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encrypted Email to Lotus notes

I am using mailx command to send automated emails from the Unix to Lotus notes. Recently we got a requirement to send all emails as encrypted emails. I am not sure how I can encrypt an email using unix. Please help!! Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamika
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from Lotus notes mail server

Hi, is there any way Unix shell script can directly read a mail on a mail server (Lotus notes) and save it as a text file in a unix directory ? For eg mail can be at abc@xyz.com and the same should be stored at home/script on def.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mutiple files thru email to lotus notes

Hi All, I am currently using the following script to send the single file to one/more email addresses. I need to send mutilple files at same time, are there anyway I could modify the script or write new one to accomplish the same. Script *************** #!/bin/ksh # Author: Manish... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapisguy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail attachment to lotus notes

Hi All, We have requirement to send lotus notes email attachment to mutiple users. Each user has a separate file name ,but the file name and mail id will be same please help urgent Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrmk
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Sending email to Lotus Notes

Hello, I have tired the commands like below to send a email with an attachment to IBM lotus notes uuencode filename filename | Mail -s "subject" addr uuencode filename filename | mailx -s "subject" addr uuencode filename filename | sendmail addr All of three command work. But I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babykings
0 Replies

9. AIX

Need help on sending emails to Lotus Notes from Unix

Hi, I am new to UNIX and any help is greatly appreciated. Requirement: Need to check the directory and if the directory has some files then an email needs to be sent to the email ID on Lotus Notes. I need help on sending an email to email ID on Lotus Notes notifying that the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neetutg
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file from Lotus notes DB

Hi, is there any way Unix shell script can directly read a mail on a mail server (Lotus notes) and save it as a text file in a unix directory ? For eg mail can be at abc@xyz.com and the same should be stored at home/script on def.com Thanks in advance, CD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdprasad.ait
2 Replies
ftpmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							ftpmail(1)

NAME
ftpmail - FIFO-based Perl script for sending email based on proftpd TransferLog SYNOPSIS
ftpmail [ --help ] [ --fifo fifo-path ] [ --from email-address ] [ --log xferlog-file ] [ --recipient email-address ] [ --subject email- subject ] [ --smtp-server server-address ] [ --attach-file ] [ --auth smtp-auth-info-file ] [ --ignore-users regex-pattern ] [ --watch- users regex-pattern ] DESCRIPTION
ftpmail is a Perl script designed to read ProFTPD's TransferLog log entries, watching for uploads, and to send an automatic email notifica- tion when uploads occur. To use ftpmail , you configure your proftpd daemon to write its TransferLog to a FIFO; the ftpmail program is a FIFO reading program which then processes those log messages. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage description, including all available options. --attach-file If used, this will cause a copy of the uploaded file to be included, as an attachment, in the generated email. --auth smtp-auth-info-file Configures the path to a file containing SMTP authentication information. The configured file should look like this: user username password password --fifo fifo-path Indicates the path to the FIFO to which proftpd is writing its TransferLog. That is, this is the path that you used for the TransferLog directive in your proftpd.conf. This parameter is REQUIRED. --from email-address Specifies the email address to use in the From email header. This parameter is REQUIRED. --ignore-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is NOT sent; otherwise, an email is sent. --log xferlog-path Since this script reads the TransferLog using FIFOs, the actual TransferLog file is not written by default. Use this option to write the normal TransferLog file, in addition to watching for uploads. --recipient email-address Specifies an email address to which to send an email notification of the upload. This option can be used multiple times to specify multiple recipients. AT LEAST ONE recipient is REQUIRED. --smtp-server server-address Specifies the SMTP server to which to send the email. This parameter is REQUIRED. --subject subject Specify a custom Subject email header for the email sent. The default Subject is: User '$user' uploaded file '$file' via FTP --watch-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is sent; otherwise, no email is sent. FILES
/var/log/xferlog AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
proftpd(8), xferlog(5) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2011 ftpmail(1)