Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: man gcc
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers man gcc Post 13285 by thehoghunter on Tuesday 15th of January 2002 09:04:24 AM
Old 01-15-2002
Myrkul is correct. And you do not need to reboot - just sign out and back in.
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

2. Programming

man

If i have my own application ( say 'myTool'), then is it possible to create a man page for it? such that "man myTool" will give information about it. if so how to go about it? thanks in advance, Nads (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nads
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help how to use man

hello every one im a new to unix i use solaris 9 experimental i would like to use real unix system but there are to many versions and i need someone to recommend a good one for me i also need help on how to use "man" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Solaris

man and ldm man

According to Sun documentation (Ldoms 1.1 Administration Guide), To access the ldm(1M) man page, add the directory path /opt/SUNWldm/man to the variable $MANPATH. When I add the lines: MANPATH=$MANPATH:/opt/SUNWldm/man export MANPATH to .profile, exit root and re-login, I would have "man ldm"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
5 Replies

6. Linux

man command

Hey people do u know how to disable the man command in linux??? i am not able to do anythg apart from disabling the permission for /usr/bin/... i dont wanna uninstall the man / man pages also... this has been one of the toughest challenges i have come across in linux... can anybody... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.user
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Man command

How to get only the options and arguments of a command excluding the descriptive help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayur_verma
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Man tags

Is it possible to specify the section as well as the OS when using tags? I played with a few combinations but without success. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarloM
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc man pages not found under Solaris 10

Hi friends, When I try to see the man pages of gcc, man gcc I see No manual entry for gcc. Could you help me please. I am running solaris 10 Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what man*x directories should contain ?

man pages are located beneath /usr/share/man. e.g., manual pages for "section 1" are located in /usr/share/man/man1/. And /usr/share/man/man*p should contain manual pages for POSIX programmers. I need to know what /usr/share/man/man*x directories should contain ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new0h
1 Replies
FORT77(1)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 FORT77(1)

NAME
fort77 - invoke f2c Fortran translator transparently, like a compiler SYNOPSIS
fort77 [-c] [-g] [-v] [-k] [-P] [-cpp] [f2c option ...] [-L directory ...] [gcc-option ...] [link option ...] [-O optlevel] [-o out- file] [-s] [-w] [-Wx,arg1[,arg2]...] file ... DESCRIPTION
The fort77 script invokes the f2c command transparently, so it can be used like a real Fortran compiler. It can be used to compile For- tran, C and assembler code, and to link it with the f2c libraries. File arguments ending with .f are compiled as Fortran source files. Files which end with .P are passed through to f2c, and files ending with .F are passed to the C preprocessor (invoked as "/lib/cpp -traditional") first. Any switches passed via -D will be passed to the pre- processor. If the translation is successful, the resulting C files will be passed to cc for translation into an object file. Files ending in .c, .C, .cc, .i, .s, .S, .m, .cc or .cxx are passed to the GNU C compiler directly; see gcc(1). All other files are passed to the linker. OPTIONS
-c Supress linking and produce an object ( .o ) file from each source file. -g Include debugging information. -v Be verbose; supplying this twice will also tell the C compilers etc to be verbose. -k Keep the C files generated by f2c around. -cpp Pass Fortran code through the C preprocessor, as if filenames ended in .F. -P Generate f2c .P files. -Ldirectory Include directory in the search for libraries in the final linking stage. -o outfile Send output to outfile. -trapuv Have f2c generate code to trap uninitialized values. -Wx,arg1[,arg2...] Pass the argument[s] argi through to the subprocess x, where x can assume one of the following values: f for the f2c step, p for the preprocessing step, c for the C compiler, a for the assembler (this is actually passed to the C compiler, too), and l for the linker. As an example, defining a preprocessor constant for the C compilation step would be done with -Wc,-DUNIX=1. Specifying the -f option to f2c would be done via -Wf,-f. f2c option fort77 passes through almost all f2c options: -C, -U, -u, -a, -E, -h, -P, -R, -r, -z, -I2, -I4, -onetrip, -!c, -!l, -!P, -!R, -ext, -!bs, -W[n], -trapuv, -w8, -r8 and -w66. gcc options The following options are passed through to gcc: -f*, -W*, -U*, -A*, -m*, -S, -E, -v, -x, -pipe, -o, -I, -V, -b*, -p, -pg. linker option The options passed to the linking stage are -static, -shared, -v, -V, and -symbolic. BUGS
To make debugging work, you need to set a breakpoint at MAIN__ before you start. f2c This script automatically supplies the -I. option to f2c. Older versions of f2c may not support this. This script is for the interaction of gcc and f2c; using it with another compiler will probably require modification. The fort77 script does not strictly conform to Posix.2, because it acceppts long options with one leading slash. This is done for gcc com- patibility. SEE ALSO
f2c(1), cc(1), as(1), ld(1) AUTHOR
Thomas Koenig, ig25@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Linux Nov 1996 FORT77(1)