Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: man gcc
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers man gcc Post 13252 by rachael on Monday 14th of January 2002 04:06:29 PM
Old 01-14-2002
man gcc

Hi all,

How can I get man page to recognize gcc when i need to look up gcc options? I tried "man gcc" but got a response "no manual entry for gcc".

Thanks a bunch,

Rachael

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

2. Programming

man

If i have my own application ( say 'myTool'), then is it possible to create a man page for it? such that "man myTool" will give information about it. if so how to go about it? thanks in advance, Nads (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nads
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help how to use man

hello every one im a new to unix i use solaris 9 experimental i would like to use real unix system but there are to many versions and i need someone to recommend a good one for me i also need help on how to use "man" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. Solaris

man and ldm man

According to Sun documentation (Ldoms 1.1 Administration Guide), To access the ldm(1M) man page, add the directory path /opt/SUNWldm/man to the variable $MANPATH. When I add the lines: MANPATH=$MANPATH:/opt/SUNWldm/man export MANPATH to .profile, exit root and re-login, I would have "man ldm"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
5 Replies

6. Linux

man command

Hey people do u know how to disable the man command in linux??? i am not able to do anythg apart from disabling the permission for /usr/bin/... i dont wanna uninstall the man / man pages also... this has been one of the toughest challenges i have come across in linux... can anybody... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.user
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Man command

How to get only the options and arguments of a command excluding the descriptive help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayur_verma
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Man tags

Is it possible to specify the section as well as the OS when using tags? I played with a few combinations but without success. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarloM
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc man pages not found under Solaris 10

Hi friends, When I try to see the man pages of gcc, man gcc I see No manual entry for gcc. Could you help me please. I am running solaris 10 Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what man*x directories should contain ?

man pages are located beneath /usr/share/man. e.g., manual pages for "section 1" are located in /usr/share/man/man1/. And /usr/share/man/man*p should contain manual pages for POSIX programmers. I need to know what /usr/share/man/man*x directories should contain ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new0h
1 Replies
TRAMPOLINE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     TRAMPOLINE(3)

NAME
trampoline - closures as first-class C functions SYNOPSIS
#include <trampoline_r.h> function = alloc_trampoline_r(address, data0, data1); free_trampoline_r(function); is_trampoline_r(function) trampoline_r_address(function) trampoline_r_data0(function) trampoline_r_data1(function) DESCRIPTION
These functions implement closures as first-class C functions. A closure consists of a regular C function and a piece of data which gets passed to the C function when the closure is called. Closures as first-class C functions means that they fit into a function pointer and can be called exactly like any other C function. func- tion = alloc_trampoline_r(address, data0, data1) allocates a closure. When function gets called, it stores in a special "lexical chain reg- ister" a pointer to a storage area containing data0 in its first word and data1 in its second word and calls the C function at address. The function at address is responsible for fetching data0 and data1 off the pointer. Note that the "lexical chain register" is a call-used register, i.e. is clobbered by function calls. This is much like gcc's local functions, except that the GNU C local functions have dynamic extent (i.e. are deallocated when the creating function returns), while trampoline provides functions with indefinite extent: function is only deallocated when free_trampoline_r(func- tion) is called. is_trampoline_r(function) checks whether the C function function was produced by a call to alloc_trampoline_r. If this returns true, the arguments given to alloc_trampoline_r can be retrieved: trampoline_r_address(function) returns address, trampoline_r_data0(function) returns data0, trampoline_r_data1(function) returns data1. SEE ALSO
trampoline(3), gcc(1), varargs(3) PORTING
The way gcc builds local functions is described in the gcc source, file gcc-2.6.3/config/cpu/cpu.h. AUTHOR
Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many ideas were cribbed from the gcc source. 22 October 1997 TRAMPOLINE(3)