Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sub menu's
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sub menu's Post 13218 by Makaveli.2003 on Monday 14th of January 2002 09:15:16 AM
Old 01-14-2002
Thanx Jimbo, must have posted at the same time, coz I didnt see ur example at first, thanx for that. I tried it and it worked, but I rather use my existing script, how can I alter that so that it works?? Smilie Smilie I tried a few things but I just kept getting error messages. Can u help? (See my script in the previous post)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal 'Local Echo' lost on Modem Dial-out

Can anybody help me? I am developing a utility for automating message paging to a BT alphanumeric pager. I am using a USR 56K Fax-modem connected to /dev/cuab on a Sun Ultra-10. I am using the UNIX 'tip' utility to connect to the modem and I have configured the modem as follows: Baud Rate:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mybeat
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It soon becomes a large file. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It becomes a large file in a short time. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

BELKIN 'F5D5020' 16bit PCMCIA - FreeBSD HOWTO

Hey all, I've bought a few bits from Belkin who seem quite happy to support FreeBSD! Last time I bought a UPS from them and it's still going well :D I saw this on their website that the 16bit PCMCIA card was supported under FreeBSD: http://www.belkin.com/network/F5D5020.html I went to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
0 Replies

8. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Procmail recipe: blocking 'unsubscribe and opt-out' messages....

Here is a crude procmail recipe that I quickly created (NOT a procmail recipe expert, btw) that has been catching lots of spam (current second after the charset_spam recipe posted earlier): :0B * .*If.you.do.not.wish.to.receive...* more_spam :0B * You.requested.to.receive.this.mailing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)