Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers timer_gettime unresolved error Post 132 by Neo on Thursday 26th of October 2000 10:22:06 PM
Old 10-26-2000
One possible approach:

(1) Go to all your library directories.

(2) Run your favorite system command to list the
contents of the routines in the libraries.

(3) See if you can find the lib with your function.

(4) Make sure the path of that archive is in either
your LDPATH or in your ldconfig file.

(5) If you add the path to the ldconfig file, then
you must rerun ldconfig. Easy to test with
the LDPATH environmental var.

If you do not find the archive in 1 - 3 then you have
to either:

(1) Locate the lib for your OS and install.

(2) Find the correct source tree for your OS.

(3) Rewrite the source with the appropriate libs.

There may be better approaches. You can also check
the README files and Makefiles for lib information,
configuration suggestions, etc. Normally, modern
distributions with check for this using a configure
script.

Perhaps another forum poster has a better idea.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ unresolved symbol

I have this problem: # make gcc -g -D_REENTRANT -DDISABLE_MJPEG=1 -I. -o encmain.o -c encmain.cc ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::string::_Rep::_S_max_size collect2: ld returned 8 exit status but from /usr/local/include/g++v3/bits/basic_string.h : namespace... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
0 Replies

2. Programming

Unresolved Symbol on HP UX & oracle7

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I do not succeed to linking the oracle7's library for my .so and a Unresolved Symbol :sqlcxt error returns me when I call program. this is my makefile. cc -Ae -I/usr/include/curses_colr -L/usr/lib -DUSE_TERMIOS -D_FILE64 -DDYNAMIC_LIBRARIES_SUPPORTED... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycs
2 Replies

3. Programming

How To Find Unresolved symbol in shared library?

1 . I use Digital Unix V4.0F 2 . I compile a programe which use a shared library . But when I run it( prog.out) , the shell told me that "Fatal Error : /sbin/loader : unresolved symbol in lib3cZap.so" But When I compile proj.out and lib3cZap.so , the compiler said nothing . And I ls -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unresolved symbol ???

when I make ncftp 111.111.1.2 I just get problems like ... /usr/lib/dld.sl unresolved symbol:inet_ntop (code) does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve this? thx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
2 Replies

5. Programming

unresolved symbol on AIX 5.2

Hi, want to port an executable from AIX 5.3 to AIX 5.2. This seems to be no problem, when i build one executable. But in another case i have to link one library statically and the rest is loaded at runtime. This works for AIX 5.3 but on AIX 5.2 i get the following error ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pm_user
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unresolved symbol problem

Hi I am trying to make an executable which has informix esqlc and .per files. I am using informix version 9.3. The make is successful, but when i execute, i get an error message /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: ibm_lib4gl_loadint4 (code) from RVprnrecvr Abort(coredump) I searched for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatakrishnan
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

database connection (unresolved sqlcxt)

i have a little pro*c code (as shown below) to connect an oracle database. (in unix solaris platform) in the preprocessor compilation step everything is ok. but when i try to compile the code using cc i get the error below: ld: Unresolved: sqlcxt i think there is a problem while linking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
3 Replies

8. AIX

Unresolved symbols

Hello experts , i have some strange problem, i wanted to create a shared object in AIX 5.3 for which i have compiled all my .cxx to .o which worked fine and then i created the .so from them , but when i do nm -Bo sample.so , i have many unresolved symbol, including printf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies
LDCONFIG(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       LDCONFIG(8)

NAME
ldconfig - configure dynamic linker run-time bindings SYNOPSIS
/sbin/ldconfig [-nNvXV] [-f conf] [-C cache] [-r root] directory... /sbin/ldconfig -l [-v] library... /sbin/ldconfig -p DESCRIPTION
ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the most recent shared libraries found in the directories specified on the command line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and in the trusted directories, /lib and /usr/lib (on some 64-bit architectures such as x86-64, lib and /usr/lib are the trusted directories for 32-bit libraries, while /lib64 and /usr/lib64 are used for 64-bit libraries). The cache is used by the run-time linker, ld.so or ld-linux.so. ldconfig checks the header and filenames of the libraries it encounters when determining which versions should have their links updated. ldconfig will attempt to deduce the type of ELF libraries (i.e., libc5 or libc6/glibc) based on what C libraries, if any, the library was linked against. Some existing libraries do not contain enough information to allow the deduction of their type. Therefore, the /etc/ld.so.conf file format allows the specification of an expected type. This is used only for those ELF libraries which we can not work out. The format is "dirname=TYPE", where TYPE can be libc4, libc5, or libc6. (This syntax also works on the command line.) Spaces are not allowed. Also see the -p option. ldconfig should normally be run by the superuser as it may require write permission on some root owned directories and files. OPTIONS
-c fmt, --format=fmt (Since glibc 2.2) Cache format to use: old, new, or compat (default). -C cache Use cache instead of /etc/ld.so.cache. -f conf Use conf instead of /etc/ld.so.conf. -i, --ignore-aux-cache (Since glibc 2.7) Ignore auxiliary cache file. -l (Since glibc 2.2) Library mode. Manually link individual libraries. Intended for use by experts only. -n Process only the directories specified on the command line. Don't process the trusted directories, nor those specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. Implies -N. -N Don't rebuild the cache. Unless -X is also specified, links are still updated. -p, --print-cache Print the lists of directories and candidate libraries stored in the current cache. -r root Change to and use root as the root directory. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. Print current version number, the name of each directory as it is scanned, and any links that are created. Overrides quiet mode. -V, --version Print program version. -X Don't update links. Unless -N is also specified, the cache is still rebuilt. FILES
/lib/ld.so Run-time linker/loader. /etc/ld.so.conf File containing a list of directories, one per line, in which to search for libraries. /etc/ld.so.cache File containing an ordered list of libraries found in the directories specified in /etc/ld.so.conf, as well as those found in the trusted directories. SEE ALSO
ldd(1), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 LDCONFIG(8)