Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The /proc Filesystems
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users The /proc Filesystems Post 13184 by Sparticus007 on Sunday 13th of January 2002 04:07:43 PM
Old 01-13-2002
The /proc Filesystems

Anyone know what the difference between the /proc filesystems under Linux and SunOS?

Thanx In Advance!

-Lola

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystems

my partner change the server's ip address and now i can't to mount the oracle's filesystem, what i do? i don't want to reinstall Unix. My unix is SCO UNIX 5.0.5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marun
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems GT 95%

Hi How can I only print the file systems that are more than 95% full. I used the df -k output and tried to check for each file system and then print only the ones that meet the criteria... But my solution seems cloodgie ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: YS2002
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resize filesystems

Dear All We have HP9000 rp7400 Server running with hp-ux 11i. Our Disk storage has two volume groups and are allocated as follows: 1. /#vgdisplay -v --- Volume groups --- VG Name /dev/vg00 VG Write Access read/write VG Status available... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

4. AIX

Extending filesystems

Hi to all i want to increase the /usr size. but, it is mirrored on hdisk0 and hdisk1. i know that chfs will work, but i am not confident about mirroring. can anyone tell me the procedure. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

6. AIX

Filesystems cmd

hi is that any command to find out which filesystems occupying more process in cpu utilisation (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounted filesystems

how to check the record of previously mounted remote filesystems after the filesystems are unmounted .operating system is solaris 10 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read only filesystems

hi guys suse 10.2 today some guys are adding some luns from a SAN so in order to add them I followed this command echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/host1/issue_lip echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host<number>/scan nice now after that I tried to create a folder in / but it won't let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems using more than 75% capacity

i need to write a shell script for printing the list of filesystems whose disk utilization is more than 75%...i tried using df -h along with awk but cud'nt make the combination work.....:wall: when we do df -h then the filesystems which are using more than 75% capacity shud be printed according to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesystems > 70%

I need a scrip that will show me the filesystems that are greater than 70%...but not sure how to filter using the df -h | grep Thank you for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
6 Replies
INVOCATION_NAME(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						INVOCATION_NAME(3)

NAME
program_invocation_name, program_invocation_short_name - obtain name used to invoke calling program SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <errno.h> extern char *program_invocation_name; extern char *program_invocation_short_name; DESCRIPTION
program_invocation_name contains the name that was used to invoke the calling program. This is the same as the value of argv[0] in main(), with the difference that the scope of program_invocation_name is global. program_invocation_short_name contains the basename component of name that was used to invoke the calling program. That is, it is the same value as program_invocation_name, with all text up to and including the final slash (/), if any, removed. These variables are automatically initialized by the glibc run-time startup code. CONFORMING TO
These variables are GNU extensions, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. NOTES
The Linux-specific /proc/[number]/cmdline file provides access to similar information. SEE ALSO
proc(5), feature_test_macros(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2006-04-29 INVOCATION_NAME(3)