Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to get Key codes
Top Forums Programming How to get Key codes Post 13182 by shriram on Sunday 13th of January 2002 02:10:41 PM
Old 01-13-2002
Java

Hi All.
I am still a beginner in Unix.I have got one program.i am not getting the solution for one program.Will anybody help me soon.

Q.write a C program which accepts a valid directory name as a command line argument and list all the files in the given diirectory as well as all the files in subsequent directories.(The solution can be recursive or non-recursive).

I need the solution immediately.I need it desperately within 15th Jan.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

exit codes

Where can a locate a list of Unix exit codes? thank you, Donna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: donna carter
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Return codes

I have the below script I am running on a Solaris system to check the status of a Tivoli Workload Scheduler job and return the status. We need this script to return a '0' if any of the jobs in the stream are in a "EXEC" state and an "1" if in a "HOLD" state. I am not a programmer so I am not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leezer1204
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

SSH key code versus server key code

Hi, When logging in using SSH access (to a remotely hosted account), I received a prompt to accept a server's key fingerprint. Wrote that string of code down for comparision. Already emailed my host for their listing of the string of code for the server's key fingerprint (for comparison,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Texan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Return Codes

I have a simple script which renames a file.How do i capture the return code of the script if the script fails (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

6. AIX

Warning codes

Dear Experts, i am very to AIX when i am trying to compile my code i am getting two warning several times like 1540-0053 (W) The declaration of a class member within the class definition must not be qualified. "/usr/include/alloca.h", line 34.9: 1540-1401 (I) An unknown "pragma __alloca" is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies
MACSTREAM(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MACSTREAM(1)

NAME
macstream - Convert a series of files to a MacBinary stream SYNOPSIS
macstream [ - options ] files DESCRIPTION
macstream takes the files specified in files and combines them to a MacBinary stream on standard output subject to the options specified. If files also specifies directories they are followed recursively, and all files found will be put in the MacBinary stream, together with directory information. OPTIONS
In the absence of any options, macstream takes the specified files and silently combines them to a MacBinary stream, writing the result to standard output. Directories named in files are followed recursively, all files found will be put in the MacBinary stream, together with directory information. Files are assumed to be in MacBinary format. However, if the filename ends with .info the file is assumed to be the info fork of a MacIntosh file split amongst more than one file. In that case the files with .data and .rsrc extension are also read (if present). Also, if the info fork is mentioned in the parameter list, the names of data and resource forks can also be mentioned, but those will be ignored (this is to allow wild-card expansion by the shell.) Further, if some form of AppleShare is supported by the installed program, and if the current directory, or one of the directories found during recursive processing, is a directory in the format of the supported version of AppleShare, those files will be handled according to the properties of AppleShare. -r No intelligent file-processing is performed; all files named are assumed to be plain resource files, and are written as MacIntosh resource files with creator "RSED" and type "RSRC", unless another creator and/or type are specified. -d No intelligent file-processing is performed; all files named are assumed to be plain data files, and are written as MacIntosh data files with creator "MACA" and type "TEXT", unless another creator and/or type are specified. -u As -d, but the codes for CR and LF are interchanged. -U Is a synonym for -u. -c creator Defines the creator name to be used if one of the previous options is specified. -t type Defines the type name to be used if one of the previous options is specified. -l List every file and directory processed. -i Do not output files, give information only (implies -l.) -q Ask the user for every file/directory whether it should be visited (implies -l.) -V Gives the patchlevel of the program, and other information. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. -H Give short information about the options. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. BUGS
As this is a beta release, there may still be some problems. SEE ALSO
macutil(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACSTREAM(1)