Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hidding Files in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hidding Files in UNIX Post 13174 by smdakram on Sunday 13th of January 2002 07:05:17 AM
Old 01-13-2002
!hello sir,

I create a fine by name mass and i want to hide it.

after the creation of file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

to get the timestamp of files from the files and folders in Unix

Hi, I had a directory and many subdirectories and files with in it. Now i want to get the timestamp of files from the files and folders recursively. :( Please help me to generate a script fort he above mentioned requirement! Appreciate for ur qick response Thanks in advance! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishan
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Hidding The Administrator Account in OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

I would like to know how to hide my initial account (which is an administrator account) in the new Leopard 10.5 operating system. In the old OS 10.4 this could be done very easily with the help of NetInfo Manager. You could change the UID to anything below 500 and secure your account, however in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
11 Replies

4. HP-UX

Copying files from one unix to another unix box

Need a clarification .... While copying files from one unix to another unix box . I am working on two / three unix boxes which are all in a network.. in which home directory are mounted ..(I didn't understand what is the exact meaniing of that) So can i copy the files from one box to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from indexed files (ISAM files) maintained in an unix server.

Hi, Could someone please assist on a quick way of How to extract data from indexed files (ISAM files) maintained in an UNIX(AIX) server.The file data needs to be extracted in flat text file or CSV or excel format . Usually we have programs in microfocus COBOL to extract data, but would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write a program in c in unix that display the files(includ sub-direc and files within) in a sorted

the sorting is based on name of file, file size modification time stamps o f file it should dislay the output in the following format "." and ".." enteries should be ignored please give some idea how to do it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pappu kumar jha
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix script Unix script which counts no. of files/sub-files

Hi All, For past some days iam trying, which not able to get to..so please help me on this.. My exact requirement is... Step1: Find how many files/sub files exist in /some/path (maybe in multiple path) Step2: Count the no. of files/sub files with their respective size. Step3: Then a file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam09
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to copy files from Windows to UNIX box

Hi Folks, I have a file name abc.xml in my windows machine at the location c:\ytr\abc.xml which I want to place at the unix box machine inside cde directory.. at the following location that is /opt/app/cde/ now the credentials of unix box are abc345 -->(dummyid) ftyiu88--->(dummy passwd) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies
g_dist(1)					 GROMACS suite, VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c					 g_dist(1)

NAME
g_dist - calculates the distances between the centers of mass of two groups VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c SYNOPSIS
g_dist -f traj.xtc -s topol.tpr -n index.ndx -o dist.xvg -lt lifetime.xvg -[no]h -[no]version -nice int -b time -e time -dt time -xvg enum -dist real DESCRIPTION
g_dist can calculate the distance between the centers of mass of two groups of atoms as a function of time. The total distance and its x-, y-, and z-components are plotted. Or when -dist is set, print all the atoms in group 2 that are closer than a certain distance to the center of mass of group 1. With options -lt and -dist the number of contacts of all atoms in group 2 that are closer than a certain distance to the center of mass of group 1 are plotted as a function of the time that the contact was continuously present. Other programs that calculate distances are g_mindist and g_bond. FILES
-f traj.xtc Input Trajectory: xtc trr trj gro g96 pdb cpt -s topol.tpr Input Run input file: tpr tpb tpa -n index.ndx Input, Opt. Index file -o dist.xvg Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file -lt lifetime.xvg Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file OTHER OPTIONS
-[no]hno Print help info and quit -[no]versionno Print version info and quit -nice int 19 Set the nicelevel -b time 0 First frame (ps) to read from trajectory -e time 0 Last frame (ps) to read from trajectory -dt time 0 Only use frame when t MOD dt = first time (ps) -xvg enum xmgrace xvg plot formatting: xmgrace, xmgr or none -dist real 0 Print all atoms in group 2 closer than dist to the center of mass of group 1 SEE ALSO
gromacs(7) More information about GROMACS is available at <http://www.gromacs.org/>. Mon 4 Apr 2011 g_dist(1)