Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How would I telnet & change user password automatically in a script Post 13126 by darthur on Friday 11th of January 2002 02:00:02 PM
Old 01-11-2002
Can't always do rsh commands

Unfortunately most of the servers I am trying to access do not allow rsh or any "r" commands.

I have tried to test autologging into the host but I don't know how to get telnet to accept a username and password from the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automatically change password.

I want to write a script which will automatically take password sequentially from a file after every 10 days. i.e the passwd command should be executed automatically every 10 days and it should take the input from the password file sequentially. Has any1 got a solution?????????????? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't change password for a user

All, I am unable to change a password for the user called : poller I am logged in as root When I do the following command passwd poller New Password: Permission denied Whe i enter the new password, it gives the above error. When i log in as poller and then execute the command, then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change root password automatically

I need to change root password automatically in some servers all three months. I want to run this process in one of the servers and reply it to the others. The password must be known by the administrator. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alrica
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to change a user password using script

Hi Experts, I had tried to executes this script to change the user password through script: No lines in buffer #!/bin/ksh cat /etc/passwd | grep -v userid >> /tmp/pass.tmp1 cat /etc/passwd | grep userid >> /tmp/pass.tmp2 PASS1=`cat /tmp/pass.tmp2 | cut -d ":" -f2` PASS2=`q2w3e4r5` sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automatically enter a password

I need to retrieve thousands of lines of information from hundreds of nodes. Each node requires a passowrd in order to retrieve the information. Fortunately, the password is the same for each one of them. So I am trying to come up with a script that would allow me to include the password so I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies

7. Linux

script for password change for exiting user

Dear Forum, In our organization 100 user is existing. Now i want to change password for 100 user in linux server. Pls help to write script for changing password. Regads// Taifur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taifurakhand
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to change the date automatically on script?

Hello Experts, There is a log file which has date stamp, I just wanted to change the date automatically on daily basis when it runs. Tried the below, but no luck. grep -i error /var/bv1to1_var/logs/bv03.bectondickinson.com/bvlog.out.`date +\%Y\%m\%d` | tee error_bv03.doc I would highly... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
10 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need to write a script user.sh that parses name & password

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a script called user.sh that parses the name and password of given in a file (user.txt) and creates the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nygenesis
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically enter password in a script?

Hi I'm working with AIX 6.1 I would like to ssh to a server without entering password ( to monitor something) but there's no way to do that by authentication keys, so I need to write a script which can ssh to that server without entering password ( no need to hide passsword in the script, just an... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
9 Replies
lchage(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lchage(1)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration (i.e. to ignore --mindays, and --maxdays and related settings). Set days to 0 to enforce password change on next login. (This also disables password expiration until the password is changed.) -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user is required to change the password). Set days to -1 to keep the account enabled indefinitely after password expiration. -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 or -1 to disable this requirement. If this value is larger than the value set by --maxdays, the user cannot change the pasword. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). Set days to 0 or -1 to disable the warning. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. NOTES
Note that "account expiration" (set by --expire) is distinct from "password expiration" (set by --maxdays). Account expiration happens on a fixed date regardless of password changes. Password expiration is relative to the date of last password change. libuser Nov 8 2012 lchage(1)