Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy" Post 13113 by satan404 on Friday 11th of January 2002 10:44:22 AM
Old 01-11-2002
Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy"

Hi!
I have a little prob with dialing up to the internet... When I try connect, it says "Sorry, modem is busy"...

Specs:

Laptop
56K modem
Slackware 8.0
Kernel 2.4.5

CheersSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem - Test /dev/modem

Ok. I tried following the directions from some of the other threads, but I've hit a road block. I have red hat 7.3 and I installed the hcf package: hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.18_3-1rh.i386.rpm It installed ok, no errors, but I still can't get linux to find my modem. I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

how to access computer behind cable modem, from outside,across "the Internet"

hi im running a web server running, connected to my cable modem, which, as usual, has 2 different network address. one from "outside"(ie from isp), and the other for the internal network. im giving a static ip to the server.how do i access this server from outside the network across "the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

5. Linux

Umount of a "busy" disk

A product I am working on manages storage. We are currently porting it from Solaris to Linux. The product allows its user, among other things, to add and remove file server volumes, where these volumes are exported using the NFS or the CIFS protocol. The problem is that when the user requests to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhzdh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX rm -rf error "rm: cannot remove `filename' : Device or resource busy"

Hi Everyone, I am trying to remove a directory: $ rm -rf directory_name/ rm: cannot remove `directory_name/filename': Device or resource busy What does this mean, and why can't I remove these files? I already tried moving into the directory, and removing the files individually, but I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna_Z
7 Replies

8. Solaris

"Device busy" When Reopening Serial Port

Any help much appreciated. I am a Java developer, not a Solaris adept. I'm having an issue reopening serial port with the Java app I am developing. I develop in Windows and deploy the app on Solaris 10 (Sunfire X4170 with Xeon.) On the target machine my app uses the two serial ports... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jim Ryan
11 Replies

9. SCO

NFS umount shows the "Device busy (Error 16)"

Hi there After making a backup copy of it sometimes happens that when I want to unmount an NFS indicates the error:umount: /path_mount busy: Device busy (Error 16) if I run lsoff, I can not find the process that is blocking the application. I'm using OpenServer 5.0.2c as one NFS server ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
14 Replies

10. Solaris

How to remove a LUN in "Online Busy" state?

Hi all, I have a LUN that is in "Online Busy" when I issue the dev_gestate subcommand of luxadm: root@es088wb6:~# luxadm -v -e dev_getstate /dev/rdsk/c21t50050763090887FEd4s2 phys path = "/devices/pci@6c0/pci@1/pci@0/pci@4/SUNW,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w50050763090887fe,4:c,raw" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ludiegu
5 Replies
FAXSTATE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FAXSTATE(8)

NAME
faxstate - control ``modem state'' of a device used by HylaFAX SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxstate [ -q queue-dir ] [ -s state ] [ -n ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxstate sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8) process servicing modem telling it to use the specified state when notifying the HylaFAX scheduler that a modem is ready and available for use. This is useful for controlling outbound use of a modem; by marking a modem's state as busy or down the HylaFAX scheduler will not assign any outbound jobs to the modem. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. If the -n option, faxstate emulates what faxgetty would do; sending a message directly to the faxq process marking the specified modem down, busy, or ready. This interface is useful for send-only environments in which faxgetty processes are not used. Note that modems manipulated in this way must previously have been configured with the faxmodem(8) program. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n Contact faxq directly instead of faxgetty. -q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/hylafax. -s Specify the state to send the faxq process each time the modem becomes ready for use; one of ``busy'', ``down'', and ``ready''. The default state to use is ready. FILES
Consult hylafax-server(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5), faxgetty(8) July 17, 1995 FAXSTATE(8)