Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Any knowledge for sysctl?
Special Forums IP Networking Any knowledge for sysctl? Post 13058 by Neo on Thursday 10th of January 2002 03:26:29 PM
Old 01-10-2002
Sounds like a very interesting problem.... however I did not fully understand what you are trying to do. Using RAW sockets requires a lot of work to set up the correct client-server socket parameters and data structures. If you are using IP, you need to look at the fields in the IP header and make sure you are building IP packets that can be properly processed on both ends.

What am I missing?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix knowledge

I am a new Unix user looking for ways, other than time, to become an effective unix administrator. All sugestions welcome. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtooth71
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the knowledge in UNIX? Suggest me . Please.

Hai, friends. In one exam which i have to attend in the month of january, they asked "knowledge of c and unix are required" . I am beginner to unix, even i dont know from where to start . Please suggest me what to do , to get through the exam and interview. I have already downloaded... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_ynm
2 Replies

3. AIX

knowledge

Dear All Kindly provide me with a difference between hdiskpower and hdisk regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Knowledge

Can somebody explain me the following part within a awk command: awk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) if ($i=="mm")c++} Can somebody please explain me the part (i=1;i<=NF;i++) ????:D:D:D:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
1 Replies

5. Linux

Anyone with Blitz PHP knowledge

Blitz PHP I am having trouble installing Blitz PHP blitz-0.6.10.tar.gz Here is what i did: cd /tmp wget blitz-0.6.10.tar.gz tar zxfv blitz-0.6.10.tar.gz cd blitz-0.6.10 And then I tried ./configure Output: -bash: No such file in directory make Output: No targets in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kendel
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sysctl help needed.(Server Hardening).

As per Hardening guide for the server. ICMP Broadcast Response: The kernel parameter icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts must match to 1 However when i check the value of icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts it thrown an error as unkonwn key. # sysctl icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

programming knowledge

Hi Friends, I know very well the basic commands of Unix but i want to concentrate on unix shell programming can you please how to learn and suggest me how to become comfortable level. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victory
1 Replies
SYSCTL.CONF(5)                                                     File Formats                                                     SYSCTL.CONF(5)

NAME
sysctl.conf - sysctl preload/configuration file DESCRIPTION
sysctl.conf is a simple file containing sysctl values to be read in and set by sysctl. The syntax is simply as follows: # comment ; comment token = value Note that blank lines are ignored, and whitespace before and after a token or value is ignored, although a value can contain whitespace within. Lines which begin with a # or ; are considered comments and ignored. EXAMPLE
# sysctl.conf sample # kernel.domainname = example.com ; this one has a space which will be written to the sysctl! kernel.modprobe = /sbin/mod probe FILES
/run/sysctl.d/*.conf /etc/sysctl.d/*.conf /usr/local/lib/sysctl.d/*.conf /usr/lib/sysctl.d/*.conf /lib/sysctl.d/*.conf /etc/sysctl.conf The paths where sysctl preload files usually exist. See also sysctl option --system. SEE ALSO
sysctl(8) AUTHOR
George Staikos <staikos@0wned.org> REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng January 2012 SYSCTL.CONF(5)