Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers view user permissions on directory Post 12690 by 99miles on Saturday 5th of January 2002 04:59:28 PM
Old 01-05-2002
got it. ls -l

ls -l is what i was looking for

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view contents of a directory

Hi, first post here be gentle. Very new to Unix. Using HP-UX 10.20 I CD into a remote directory on one machine $ cd /net/remote hostname yet when I do an ll in this directory none of the contents appear. It just is empty. when I do the same command from another machine, $ cd... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddave
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine owner directory permissions from within the directory

From within a directory, how do I determine whether I have write permission for it. test -w pwd ; echo ? This doesn't work as it returns false, even though I have write permission. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I prevent a user from changing the permissions on their home directory.

Hello All, I have a new HPUX system going into production and it will be used by 2 projects. One of the contract requirements is the 2 groups can not have access to the others work or data. I believe I have the system pretty well locked up using groups and permissions and selective mounting of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanL
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls switch to view octal permissions??

Is there seriously not an easy way to do this? you really need a script for it? that is ridiculous! Please someone tell me there is an ls switch to view octal permissions instead of rwx i want 777. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can you help me in providing me a command to view all files present in a directory. Thanks a lot. -Vamsi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can u provide me the command to view files in a directory.Urgent Pls. -Vamsi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see a user's permissions on a directory

i know about ls, I know.... but some of our shares have a long messy list of acls and it is a lot to sort through.. without a grep option, unless you have a really nice one, is there a simple way to say: show me <USER> acl permissions on <SHARE> ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

8. Solaris

add a ftp user with read and write permissions on a directory

hi all how I can create an ftp user in solaris 10 and have read and write permission on a directory. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luisfja
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking directory permissions on UNIX directory

Hi, How do i check if I have read/write/execute rights on a UNIX directory? What I'm doing is checking read access on the files but i also want to check if user has rights on the direcory in whcih these files are present. if then...... And I check if the directory exists by using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cd to another directory to view a log file

Hi guys Today I have been working on a script to execute to view entries within a log file. I have successfully got the command I want to execute within the script itself. I want to view the last 5 entries within a log file and see just the last numbers. The file name would change depending... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies
libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3) 				  libssh2 manual				   libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_userauth_password_ex - authenticate a session with username and password SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_userauth_password_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *username, unsigned int username_len, const char *password, unsigned int password_len, LIBSSH2_PASSWD_CHANGEREQ_FUNC((*passwd_change_cb))); #define libssh2_userauth_password(session, username, password) libssh2_userauth_password_ex((session), (username), strlen(username), (password), strlen(password), NULL) DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) username - Name of user to attempt plain password authentication for. username_len - Length of username parameter. password - Password to use for authenticating username. password_len - Length of password parameter. passwd_change_cb - If the host accepts authentication but requests that the password be changed, this callback will be issued. If no call- back is defined, but server required password change, authentication will fail. Attempt basic password authentication. Note that many SSH servers which appear to support ordinary password authentication actually have it disabled and use Keyboard Interactive authentication (routed via PAM or another authentication backed) instead. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
Some of the errors this function may return include: LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_PASSWORD_EXPIRED - IBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED - failed, invalid username/password or public/private key. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)