Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers view user permissions on directory Post 12690 by 99miles on Saturday 5th of January 2002 04:59:28 PM
Old 01-05-2002
got it. ls -l

ls -l is what i was looking for

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view contents of a directory

Hi, first post here be gentle. Very new to Unix. Using HP-UX 10.20 I CD into a remote directory on one machine $ cd /net/remote hostname yet when I do an ll in this directory none of the contents appear. It just is empty. when I do the same command from another machine, $ cd... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddave
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine owner directory permissions from within the directory

From within a directory, how do I determine whether I have write permission for it. test -w pwd ; echo ? This doesn't work as it returns false, even though I have write permission. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I prevent a user from changing the permissions on their home directory.

Hello All, I have a new HPUX system going into production and it will be used by 2 projects. One of the contract requirements is the 2 groups can not have access to the others work or data. I believe I have the system pretty well locked up using groups and permissions and selective mounting of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanL
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls switch to view octal permissions??

Is there seriously not an easy way to do this? you really need a script for it? that is ridiculous! Please someone tell me there is an ls switch to view octal permissions instead of rwx i want 777. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can you help me in providing me a command to view all files present in a directory. Thanks a lot. -Vamsi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can u provide me the command to view files in a directory.Urgent Pls. -Vamsi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see a user's permissions on a directory

i know about ls, I know.... but some of our shares have a long messy list of acls and it is a lot to sort through.. without a grep option, unless you have a really nice one, is there a simple way to say: show me <USER> acl permissions on <SHARE> ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

8. Solaris

add a ftp user with read and write permissions on a directory

hi all how I can create an ftp user in solaris 10 and have read and write permission on a directory. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luisfja
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking directory permissions on UNIX directory

Hi, How do i check if I have read/write/execute rights on a UNIX directory? What I'm doing is checking read access on the files but i also want to check if user has rights on the direcory in whcih these files are present. if then...... And I check if the directory exists by using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cd to another directory to view a log file

Hi guys Today I have been working on a script to execute to view entries within a log file. I have successfully got the command I want to execute within the script itself. I want to view the last 5 entries within a log file and see just the last numbers. The file name would change depending... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies
condor_store_cred(1)					      General Commands Manual					      condor_store_cred(1)

Name
       condor_store_cred securely - stash a password

Synopsis
       condor_store_cred [-help]

condor_store_credadd[ -c | -u username] [-p password] [-n machinename] [-f filename]

condor_store_creddelete[ -c | -u username] [-n machinename]

condor_store_credquery[ -c | -u username] [-n machinename]

Description
       condor_store_credstores passwords in a secure manner. There are two separate uses of condor_store_cred:

1.  A  shared  pool  password  is needed in order to implement the  PASSWORD authentication method. condor_store_cred using the -coption
	  deals with the password for the implied  condor_pool@$(UID_DOMAIN) user name.

On a Unix machine, condor_store_cred with the -foption is used to set the pool password, as needed when used with the  PASSWORD  authen-
	  tication method. The pool password is placed in a file specified by the  SEC_PASSWORD_FILE configuration variable.

2. In order to submit a job from a Windows platform machine, or to execute a job on a Windows platform machine utilizing the run_as_own-
	  erfunctionality, condor_store_cred stores the password of a user/domain pair securely in the Windows registry. Using this  stored  pass-
	  word,  Condor  may act on behalf of the submitting user to access files, such as writing output or log files. Condor is able to run jobs
	  with the user ID of the submitting user. The password is stored in the same manner as the system does when setting or  changing  account
	  passwords.

Passwords are stashed in a persistent manner; they are maintained across system reboots.

The  addargument on the Windows platform stores the password securely in the registry. The user is prompted to enter the password twice for
       confirmation, and characters are not echoed. If there is already a password stashed, the old password will be overwritten by the new  pass-
       word.

The deleteargument deletes the current password, if it exists.

The queryreports whether the password is stored or not.

Options
       -c

Operations refer to the pool password, as used in the  PASSWORD authentication method.

-f filename

For Unix machines only, generates a pool password file named filenamethat may be used with the  PASSWORD authentication method.

-help

Displays a brief summary of command options.

-n machinename

Apply the command on the given machine.

-p password

Stores password, rather than prompting the user to enter a password.

-u username

Specify the user name.

Exit Status
       condor_store_credwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					      condor_store_cred(1)