Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send text file to mail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Send text file to mail Post 1269 by petrosi on Tuesday 20th of February 2001 02:32:23 PM
Old 02-20-2001
I have a utility that opens a telnet session and allows me to execute commands through a script. The utility allows me to output to a text file whatever is outputted to screen.
This utility runs from a DOS prompt in Windows 95/98, NT or 2000. How can I mail text file this to a certain user.

I telnetted to port 25 of the mail server ( exchange server) and tried to manipulate the file. But the commands only seem to allow for emailing a string of data.

e.g. telnet exchange.ttc.com
helo user
mail from:root@ttc.com
rcpt toSmilieeterj@ttc.com
data
This is the string that I am sending

Note that after the string, one must type <CR>.<CR>
Does anyone know if sending a file instead of a string is possible ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an attachment and html text both in the same mail

Hi all, I am working on UNIX (Solaris28). I would like to send an email in which the body will be in html format and, in the same mail, a xls file has to be attached. I have tried this: the file is correctly attached but the body comes as html source and not formatted. If I do not attach the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan.yu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with rich text / HTML with image

Hi, Is it possible to send mail from my HP-Ux system with images, rich text? I would like to program in such a way that I have my company's logo(.jpg) image attached in the mail geeting triggered. I would like to send a rich text/HTML email instead of plain text mail to the recipients. Is it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rythym05
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send a mail to IDs listed in a text file

I have a list of mail ids in text file and want a ksh script that reads this text file and sends a mail to all mail ids with same subject line and content. I am using UX-HP machine and KSH. Thanks for help in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send colorful text and attachment to mail

Hi, I want to send color text as body of mail with multiple attachments.How to do this?I used sendmailcommand but this command fails for multiple attachments.Give me some solution on this. :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

send text mail to windows

Hi I have the following 'atd' batch script to send mail to a windows (outlook) system: .... .... LESSOPEN=\|/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh\ %s; export LESSOPEN G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1; export G_BROKEN_FILENAMES cd /root/bin || { echo 'Execution directory inaccessible' >&2 exit 1 }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdminLew
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to compare text and send a mail

Hello, Somebody can help me to develop a script for the below requirement I have a 3 files in a directory which was dynamically changed everyday basis. I need a script to fetch the 1pattern of strings in each file. if the three matching pattern is same send a mail with subject as success else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MATHANKUMAR
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulate condition to send mail based on output text in file

Hi All, I have a working script as below. echo "Files loaded with $(cat /var/tmp/script.X1.out)" | mail -s "Files loaded with return code" mailid This script takes the output from script.X1.out file and appends the text "Files loaded with return code" and sends the email. Now what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bold text in Bash and send mail

I have a sample script here I want to bold the word BOLD in the text and send through email. Tried several ways but not seems to working. BODY="Hello. I want to BOLD this" { echo "From: from@gmail.com" echo "To: to@gmail.com" echo "Subject: Texting" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lpoolfc
1 Replies
telnetrc(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       telnetrc(4)

NAME
telnetrc, .telnetrc - Specifies setup commands for a telnet session SYNOPSIS
$HOME/.telnetrc DESCRIPTION
The .telnetrc file contains the setup information for a telnet session. It is a hidden file in your home directory and must be readable by the user logging in. The file can consist of multiple entries for each remote host to which a user can connect. A remote host entry consists of multiple lines. The first line is the name of a remote host. The subsequent lines must begin with blank spaces, and contain telnet subcommands. These sub- commands are processed as though they were typed in manually. Lines beginning with a number sign (#) are comment lines. See telnet(1) for a complete list of telnet subcommands. To specify subcommands that apply to all systems, create an entry, using the word "DEFAULT" as the system name, and specify the telnet sub- commands in the subsequent lines. EXAMPLES
The following shows a sample .telnetrc file: # Beginning of telnetrc file # Default subcommands that apply to all systems DEFAULT environ undefine USER # First system entry system1 set echo toggle crlf # Second system entry system2 set echo mode line toggle crlf FILES
User-customized telnet startup values. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: telnet(1). delim off telnetrc(4)