Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Modifying IP Address/Gateway/Subnet in SCO Unix Post 12599 by PBNOSGT on Thursday 3rd of January 2002 05:50:34 PM
Old 01-03-2002
Java this is bad...

This sounds pathetic, but do you think maybe you could tell me exactly what to type in, I don't really understand the proper syntax, and where I have to type which numbers. Maybe you could e-mail me?

Sorry I'm so useless,
Paul

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP address and gateway info

How can I change the IP address and gateway info on a unix server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gguzman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gateway address

How can I change the gateway address on my sco Openserver 5.0.6. A cisco firewall is recently installed but the gateway on the system is still pointing at the old one. I want it to use the gateway address of the router. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshokunbi
2 Replies

3. SCO

ACL for Subnet/IP address

I am trying to find out if you can create an ACL for telnet sessions and restrict it to a certain subnet/IP range.. any information or where to look would be greatly appreciated. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ip address and subnet comparing

Hmmm, tough question for me, so I put it here. I am trying to use shell script or mysql to do the following thing. tableA, in which all are single ips. sip ------- 1.2.3.4 8.8.8.8 123.3.32.1 .... and tableB, a list of our group subnets. subnet --------- 1.0.0.0/8 20.0.1.0/24 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
2 Replies

5. Programming

how we can get gateway address

how we can get the gateway address. i know gethostname used for ipaddress how we can get the system gateway address. thank u inadvance, sree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Static IP / Subnet mask and Gateway

Hi all, I installed Fedora 9 + squid at one of PC at work. Our company has windows 2003 servera acting as DHCP server. During installation, i set linux box up as Static IP (192.168.0.100) But once installation completed, The pc is assigned a different IP address instead of 192.168.0.100.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep IP address form a text file along with the subnet

I have an input file: class 1 3 5 10.10.10..0/23 hicks jimmy class 3 10.12.10.0/22 mike class.019283 10.10.15.10/20 henry gym.847585 45 192.168.10.0/22 nancy jim steve maya The output should look like this: 10.10.10..0/23 10.12.10.0/22 10.10.15.10/20 192.168.10.0/22 I have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all ip address from subnet mask

I have this subnet file shown below. How can I calculate all ip addresses from that list 103.22.200.0/22 141.101.64.0/18 10.0.0.0/22I need to be able to read the subnet file and print all IPs in those subnet to an out put file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies
msgchk(1)						      General Commands Manual							 msgchk(1)

NAME
msgchk - check for messages (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
msgchk [-help] [-nodate] [-notify all | | | mail | | | nomail] [users ... ] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options for this command. Prints the date when you last read your mail. This is the default behavior of msgchk. The -nodate option can be used of you do not want to print this date. Indicates under what circumstances msgchk should produce a message. There are three legal values: all, mail, and nomail. The default is -notify all, which reports the status of the maildrop regardless of whether it has mail in it or not. The -notify mail option reports the status of the maildrop only if there is mail waiting. The -notify nomail option reports the status of the maildrop only if there is no mail in it. Specifies the source which are checked for mail. The only value allowed is file, which is the user's maildrop. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. DESCRIPTION
The msgchk program checks all known mail drops for mail that is waiting for you. It displays whether you have mail waiting to be read or not and shows the date that you last read your mail. You can check other user's maildrops by specifying their user names as the users argument on the command line. RESTRICTIONS
msgchk does not understand the $MAILDROP environmental variable. If mail is fetched from a location other than /usr/spool/mail/$USER, msgchk will not be able to determine if new mail has arrived. However, inc can still be used to fetch mail when it arrives. For this version, the -source option only supports the value file. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. EXAMPLES
This example shows a user Smith checking his own maildrop: % msgchk Smith: New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1988 17:21:49 WET The next example shows a user checking the maildrops of two other local users on the same system, Rabb and Jones: % msgchk Rabb Jones Rabb: No file-source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1997 13:22:25 WET Jones: New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1997 17:30:05 WET FILES
The user profile. The system customization file. The user's maildrop. SEE ALSO
inc(1) msgchk(1)