Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PERL Question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL Question Post 12576 by frank on Thursday 3rd of January 2002 02:00:22 PM
Old 01-03-2002
Question PERL Question

Can anyone tell me if the copy command in PERL has the same functionality as in KSH shell in UNIX or does it actually move the file ??

$cp_stat=system("cp $ENV{OLAMEBSDIR}/data/olam.ddabal$type $ENV{OLAMDIR}/balance/data/olam.ddabal$type.$HeaderDate");

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Perl

Where can i find solid information about programming in Perl? Thank you in advance!!!:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: tk question

When i run my perl/tk script, a perl window pops up behind the GUI window,, can this be hidden???? Also, can the Icon be changed, the Tk icon in every window??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl question

If I use 2 system commands in a script, will one finish before the next one starts? or will it start the first and the second at the same time? i.e. system("ps | grep rminer"); system("ls -al | grep 431"); (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL question

Hello, pkzipc of a certain zip file yeilds the following in shell PKZIP(R) Version 6.0 FAST! Compression Utility for AIX Copyright 1989-2002 PKWARE Inc. All Rights Reserved. Registered Version PKZIP Reg. U.S. Pat. and Tm. Off. Patent No. 5,051,745 Viewing .ZIP: test.zip Length... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I copy and paste from the book but this thing is not working. I cannot figure out what is wrong with myline 9.. can someone please tell me # cat ./sort4.pl #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $input = shift; my $output = shift; open(IN, '<', $input) or die... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question regarding [ ]

Below program, I do not get why item I am looking for is , instead of . When I do $#text, i get the right value for $value1, but when I do , i get somsething4, instead of somsethingxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(which is what I am looking for. when I do , I get empty.. why? what did I do wrong? can you... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I fail to see how below answer is 1? can someone explain this for me? DB<3> $string = "The cat sat on the mat"; DB<4> $animal = ($string =~ m/The (.*) sat/); DB<5> print $animal; 1 (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I have a question regarding bulding a hash from a file which has below pattern I thought I could write something like this but clearly my syntax is way off $/ = "\n\n"; $" = "\n"; open(FILE, file1) || die; my %keymaster = ( ); while (<FILE>) { my $topinfo =~... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Question ...

I am reading a file in perl script .. during the debug the $linein value is : linein : +ASM1,sys,||¬ |3Æqúoü;”ט|| from this line I am getting the tmepuser and password from above : ($tmpuser, $pwd) = ($linein =~ /^$server\s*,\s*(+)\s*,\|\|(.+)\|\|/sm); I am getting $tmpuser and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question about

Hello everybody, I am new at the forum and a total newbie when it comes to Unix. I am trying to see how I can add the ability to kill a user's processes? I want to add this to my Shel Script Add the code/process into a subroutine. Also, I would like to use an array to store the list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinelisch
0 Replies
LKSH(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   LKSH(1)

NAME
lksh -- Legacy Korn shell built on mksh SYNOPSIS
lksh [-+abCefhiklmnprUuvXx] [-+o opt] [-c string | -s | file [args ...]] DESCRIPTION
lksh is a command interpreter intended exclusively for running legacy shell scripts. It is built on mksh; refer to its manual page for details on the scripting language. It is recommended to port scripts to mksh instead of relying on legacy or idiotic POSIX-mandated behav- iour, since the MirBSD Korn Shell scripting language is much more consistent. LEGACY MODE
lksh has the following differences from mksh: o lksh is not suitable for use as /bin/sh. o There is no explicit support for interactive use, nor any command line editing or history code. Hence, lksh is not suitable as a user's login shell, either; use mksh instead. o The KSH_VERSION string identifies lksh as ``LEGACY KSH'' instead of ``MIRBSD KSH''. o lksh only offers the traditional ten file descriptors to scripts. o lksh uses POSIX arithmetics, which has quite a few implications: The data type for arithmetics is the host ISO C long data type. Signed integer wraparound is Undefined Behaviour. The sign of the result of a modulo operation with at least one negative operand is unspeci- fied. Shift operations on negative numbers are unspecified. Division of the largest negative number by -1 is Undefined Behaviour. The compiler is permitted to delete all data and crash the system if Undefined Behaviour occurs. o The rotation arithmetic operators are not available. o The shift arithmetic operators take all bits of the second operand into account; if they exceed permitted precision, the result is unspecified. o The GNU bash extension &> to redirect stdout and stderr in one go is not parsed. o The mksh command line option -T is not available. o Unless set -o posix is active, lksh always uses traditional mode for constructs like: $ set -- $(getopt ab:c "$@") $ echo $? POSIX mandates this to show 0, but traditional mode passes through the errorlevel from the getopt(1) command. o lksh, unlike AT&T UNIX ksh, does not keep file descriptors > 2 private. SEE ALSO
mksh(1) https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm https://www.mirbsd.org/ksh-chan.htm CAVEATS
lksh tries to make a cross between a legacy bourne/posix compatibl-ish shell and a legacy pdksh-alike but ``legacy'' is not exactly speci- fied. The set built-in command does not have all options one would expect from a full-blown mksh or pdksh. Talk to the MirOS development team using the mailing list at <miros-mksh@mirbsd.org> or the #!/bin/mksh (or #ksh) IRC channel at irc.freenode.net (Port 6697 SSL, 6667 unencrypted) if you need any further quirks or assistance, and consider migrating your legacy scripts to work with mksh instead of requiring lksh. MirBSD May 2, 2013 MirBSD