Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rm -f \-\you-idiot
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rm -f \-\you-idiot Post 12469 by Jimbo on Tuesday 1st of January 2002 12:00:35 PM
Old 01-01-2002
Fully qualifying the filename, as LivinFree showed, is a good solution. Another handy trick to keep in mind is that "--" will terminate option processing for a command:

ls -l -- -You-idiot
rm -- -You-idiot

Last edited by Jimbo; 01-04-2002 at 04:49 PM..
Jimbo

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i'm an idiot!

i've spent about 10 hours these past few days configuring my freebsd installation. i've only just finished setting up my ati video card (one line in XFree86Config had to be changed!), and now am trying to get to the bottom of this other error that I am experiencing. i believe that it is also the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandan
6 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Idiot's Guide to Mac OSX BSD?

Hi, I am used to Solaris and find my Macs confusing when using the command line. This particularly applies to top, networking and users configuration. Top just seems to be hopeless in comparison to the Solaris version and the network and user configuration just doesn't seem to work. Is there a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pettefar
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh pub key auth - can some please guide me idiot proof

hello. can somebody please idiot proff simple guide me how to set up ssh public key authenciation? i am stuck, i tried long and googled a lot but i cant get it. thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have no idea what I just did, and I am an idiot.

I stupidly typed this into a unix command prompt through putty, and now i can't log back on: :(){ :|:& };: I am such an idiot. If anyone knows what I just did or how to fix it, I would really appreciate your help, Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous update... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: alby19
13 Replies
GPIV_MKTESTIMG(1)					      General Commands Manual						 GPIV_MKTESTIMG(1)

NAME
gpiv_mktestimg - Generates a simplified image for image processing. SYNOPSIS
gpiv_mktestimg [-h | --help] [-p | --print] [-t N | --threshold N] [-w N] [-v | --version] [filename] < stdin > stdout DESCRIPTION
gpiv_mktestimg generates an image (pair) in order to be processed by the processing tools. This program is provided for developing and testing image processing tools. The parameters read from the configuration resources (containing the key GPIV_IMGPROC) may be overruled by the command line options, as explained below. Options -h | --help On-line help -t N | --threshold N Threshold value -v | --version Print version information on standard output, then exit successfully. -w N window size (default: 15) filename Input image filename. Overrides stdin and stdout with the full filename of the image. Output will be written to filename.png. Param- eters are stored in filename.par and may be used for future use by including them in ./gpivrc. If stdin and stdout are used, the input is expected to be a PNG formatted image. SEE ALSO gpivtools AUTHOR
Gerber Van der Graaf 7 November 2006 GPIV_MKTESTIMG(1)