Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Code Hiding
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Code Hiding Post 12460 by LivinFree on Tuesday 1st of January 2002 01:43:07 AM
Old 01-01-2002
Well, I'm no perl guru, but I know it IS possible to obfuscate the code enough that no one in their right mind could read it... for example:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
@a=(Lbzjoftt,Inqbujfodf,
Hvcsjt); $b="Lbssz Wbmm"
;$b =~ y/b-z/a-z/ ; $c =
" Tif ". @a ." hsfbu wj"
."suvft pg b qsphsbnnfs"
. ":\n";$c =~y/b-y/a-z/;
print"\n\n$c ";for($i=0;
$i<@a; $i++) { $a[$i] =~
y/b-y/a-z/;if($a[$i]eq$a
[-1]){print"and $a[$i]."
;}else{ print"$a[$i], ";
}}print"\n\t\t--$b\n\n";

Try running that... Then try to figure it out...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding password from ps

I'm calling a program with a command line arguement containing a password. while the process is running anyone on the system can ps -ef and see the password. Is there a way to prevent this from happening. example PROGRAM USERNAME/PASSWD I've also tried PROGRAM `cat passfile` ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudojo
7 Replies

2. IP Networking

Hiding an IP address

Is there anyone who knows how to hide an IP from being logged by the site you are visiting. I know of some paid companies but I am looking for a different solution. Is there some way in UNIX to mask the ip. Help this is urgent. Datopdog (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: datopdog
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding perl-cgi code

Hi all, This is my first post in this forum. Searched the threads, couldn't get information about this. I have developed a web-based tool using CGI. The code consists of cgi files (.cgi) and functions written as Perl Modules( .pm files). As it is the tool works perfect. Now is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_onweb
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding PHP code on the server

Hi all, Sometime back, had put up a Q regarding hiding perl code. A: There is a utility known as 'pp' which comes along with PAR. Downloaded from CPAN. These people have done wonderful work I must say. Cool executables from perl scripts. Have one more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_onweb
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding the Directory

Hi, I have a directory i want to just hide this directory. Could you please tell me the command to hide directory. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hiding Password

Hello. A bit of a puzzle here: I have a 3rd party executable, which requires the following parameters: parm1 = program_name, parm2=userid/password, parm3=additional flags. We tried passing password as a variable, but you can do grep, and see what the password actually is I found a bit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kishinevetz
2 Replies

7. Programming

C++ overriding Vs hiding

class B { public: void fns(void){//base def;} }; class D:public B { public: void fns(void) {//new def;} }; I was thinking the above is overriding but somewhere else i found the above is just hiding.Only virtual functions can be considered as overriding? This is the exact statement ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: a way to see a sub code in debug mode: perl -de 0 ?

Is there a way to see or print a sub code? Sometime a sub could be already defined, but in the debug mode (so, interactively) it could be already out of screen. So, I would think about a way to check if the sub is defined (just 'defined' is not a problem) and how it is defined. Also, if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

9. Programming

Perl- How to catch the file in perl code?

Hi, plz see the below code , i have catch the file "Orders.20110714.out "file as a Orders*.out. but it giving me an error .it does not open the file. if the same thing i have done by code code-> ls Orders*.out then it gives me the output Orders.20110714.out i am trying apply the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hiding shell script code

How can we share a script without actually sharing the code? I have 4 scripts in my system. The end user has to execute the first file and based on the inputs (I am reading 1, 2 , 3 as options) my shell script will execute respective script files. Now I dont want to share all the 4 script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dish
3 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProtectPrivateVars(3pm)User Contributed Perl DocumentatioPerl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProtectPrivateVars(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProtectPrivateVars - Prevent access to private vars in other packages. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
By convention Perl authors (like authors in many other languages) indicate private methods and variables by inserting a leading underscore before the identifier. This policy catches attempts to access private variables from outside the package itself. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. HISTORY
This policy is inspired by a similar test in B::Lint SEE ALSO
Perl::Critic::Policy::Subroutines::ProtectPrivateSubs AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Chris Dolan. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProtectPrivateVars(3pm)