Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Code Hiding
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Code Hiding Post 12443 by sskb on Monday 31st of December 2001 09:52:13 AM
Old 12-31-2001
exactly,
I just want to give the executable to others hiding the code from them.
I have not come across compiling a Perl script. I would like to know how I can do that.
I have always been running that.

changing permission would not probably do that I think. I am working on HP-Unix Ver 11.

Perl version 5

Wish you a Very Happy New Year!
Smilie
sskb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding password from ps

I'm calling a program with a command line arguement containing a password. while the process is running anyone on the system can ps -ef and see the password. Is there a way to prevent this from happening. example PROGRAM USERNAME/PASSWD I've also tried PROGRAM `cat passfile` ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudojo
7 Replies

2. IP Networking

Hiding an IP address

Is there anyone who knows how to hide an IP from being logged by the site you are visiting. I know of some paid companies but I am looking for a different solution. Is there some way in UNIX to mask the ip. Help this is urgent. Datopdog (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: datopdog
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding perl-cgi code

Hi all, This is my first post in this forum. Searched the threads, couldn't get information about this. I have developed a web-based tool using CGI. The code consists of cgi files (.cgi) and functions written as Perl Modules( .pm files). As it is the tool works perfect. Now is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_onweb
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding PHP code on the server

Hi all, Sometime back, had put up a Q regarding hiding perl code. A: There is a utility known as 'pp' which comes along with PAR. Downloaded from CPAN. These people have done wonderful work I must say. Cool executables from perl scripts. Have one more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_onweb
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding the Directory

Hi, I have a directory i want to just hide this directory. Could you please tell me the command to hide directory. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hiding Password

Hello. A bit of a puzzle here: I have a 3rd party executable, which requires the following parameters: parm1 = program_name, parm2=userid/password, parm3=additional flags. We tried passing password as a variable, but you can do grep, and see what the password actually is I found a bit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kishinevetz
2 Replies

7. Programming

C++ overriding Vs hiding

class B { public: void fns(void){//base def;} }; class D:public B { public: void fns(void) {//new def;} }; I was thinking the above is overriding but somewhere else i found the above is just hiding.Only virtual functions can be considered as overriding? This is the exact statement ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: a way to see a sub code in debug mode: perl -de 0 ?

Is there a way to see or print a sub code? Sometime a sub could be already defined, but in the debug mode (so, interactively) it could be already out of screen. So, I would think about a way to check if the sub is defined (just 'defined' is not a problem) and how it is defined. Also, if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

9. Programming

Perl- How to catch the file in perl code?

Hi, plz see the below code , i have catch the file "Orders.20110714.out "file as a Orders*.out. but it giving me an error .it does not open the file. if the same thing i have done by code code-> ls Orders*.out then it gives me the output Orders.20110714.out i am trying apply the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hiding shell script code

How can we share a script without actually sharing the code? I have 4 scripts in my system. The end user has to execute the first file and based on the inputs (I am reading 1, 2 , 3 as options) my shell script will execute respective script files. Now I dont want to share all the 4 script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dish
3 Replies
PO4A-RUNTIME.7(7)                                       User Contributed Perl Documentation                                      PO4A-RUNTIME.7(7)

NAME
po4a-runtime - po4a and runtime gettext translation without Autotools Introduction With po4a-build, po4a also includes support for adding translation of runtime script output messages using gettext but without requiring the package to adopt Autotools and the typical ./configure process. Using example Makefile snippets, packages can harness intltool with minimal effort. Layout Documentation translation should NOT use the same po/ directory as the runtime translation. Whilst runtime translation can use directories other than po/, it is usually easiest to go with the convention. Multiple languages Just a word on packages that use scripts in multiple programming languages. A common mix is Perl and shell. Note bene: gettext WILL get confused and omit strings from one or other language unless file extensions are used for whichever is the least problematic language. When using multiple languages, experiment with various settings in po/Makevars until you get all the strings you need in the POT file. In particular, specifying two languages in po/Makevars can be problematic. Instead of: # Don't do this: XGETTEXT_OPTIONS = -L Perl -L Shell --from-code=iso-8859-1 Consider renaming (or providing symlink(s) for) all files for one of the languages involved and omitting the explicit -L options. The file extension only needs to exist during the time that po/POTFILES.in is being processed. The --keywords option can also be useful - see the xgettext documentation. Populating po/ So, create your top level po/ directory and then use the example files in /usr/share/doc/po4a/examples/ to populate it. LINGUAS Must exist, even if empty. Consists of a list of translations - each line not starting with a '#' must match an existing PO file. e.g. if LINGUAS contains a single line, 'fr', an fr.po file must exist alongside the LINGUAS file. $ cat po/LINGUAS cs de fr $ By convention, the LINGUAS file is sorted alphabetically but that is a manual process. POTFILES.in The list of files containing the messages that need to be translated at runtime - i.e. your scripts. If you've used the top level po/ directory, the paths should be relative to the top level directory, not the po/ directory itself. $ ls -l myscript.pl another.pl foo/support.pl po/ po/POTFILES.in $ cat po/POTFILES.in myscript.pl another.pl foo/support.pl $ Note that it is explicitly supported that the scripts themselves can contain strings for both runtime and documentation translation, e.g. using gettext functions for runtime and embedded POD content for documentation. So it is not a problem to have the same file listed in po/POTFILES.in and doc/po4a-build.conf Makevars-perl.example If your scripts are in Perl, copy this example file as po/Makevars and edit it to suit. Makevars-shell.example If your scripts are in shell, copy this example file as po/Makevars and edit it to suit. po4a-build.make Copy this example file as po/Makefile - it shouldn't need editing but you may want to keep it updated against /usr/share/doc/po4a/examples/po4a-build.make as it may need to be updated within po4a releases as the underlying intltool support changes. (The file itself was generated from another project using Autotools and intltool.) Building These snippets need to be added to your top level Makefile or whatever other method you use to prepare your sources for distribution. clean: $(MAKE) -C po/ clean install: $(MAKE) -C po/ install DESTDIR=$(DESTDIR) dist: $(MAKE) -C po/ pot (In an Autotools project, this would happen automatically by simply adding po to the "SUBDIRS" value in Makefile.am.) Maintenance Runtime translation isn't quite as easy as po4a-build in that adding a new translation does require editing po/LINGUAS, but apart from that, updating translations is merely a case of replacing the relevant PO file with the new version. Depending on how you prepare your source tarball, you may also need to list new PO files in the MANIFEST file or add to the script(s) that prepare the tarball. (That also applies to po4a-build.) Any *.mo or *.gmo files in po/ can be deleted / cleaned up. Copyright Whilst the example files are part of the po4a project, you are free to use, modify and distribute them in your own projects without needing to refer back to po4a or list the po4a team in your own copyright notices, in the same manner as other build tools like Automake itself. If you want to mention po4a, that is fine too. AUTHORS
Neil Williams <linux@codehelp.co.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-05-17 PO4A-RUNTIME.7(7)