Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mount oracle on ultra 5
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mount oracle on ultra 5 Post 1224 by softarch on Friday 16th of February 2001 01:33:09 PM
Old 02-16-2001
Data download oracle not working

thank you for the disk info. I went out and bought the "Unix System Administration Handbook" (PH PTR publisher, $68). It seems like it is a really good book, I like when several people put together a book.
The version of oracle that is on line is not workable, one has to get the CD and that's because oracle needs to know who wants their software and what you want to do with that and for whom and ... .
So, I am getting the CD for $52 (includes shipping).
Thanks,
George

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount for Oracle 8i

I am installing Oracle 8i, and the manual indicates that I need to create two mount points prior to installation. I am running Solaris 8 on a Sun 250. What commands would I use to create two mount points, u01 and u02, so they will be available during the Oracle installation process? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
3 Replies

3. Solaris

I need to clone an ultra 1 onto and ultra 60

I need to move everything from an older ultra 1 onto a newer ultra 60 (OS and all) running SUNOS 5.5.1. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? Frank P.S. If you know of a document somewhere please let me know. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount -t cifs permission denied by mount -t smbfs works fine

I am having trouble mounting with cifs, but mounting the exact same command with smbfs works fine. The share is on another samba server and is set to full public guest access. # mount -t cifs //servername/sharename /mnt/temp -o password="" mount error 13 = Permission denied Refer to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

6. Solaris

I want to mount windows 2003 oracle instance

I want to mount windows 2003 oracle instance to solaris machine. Can any one has idea? Please send me your experiences ,if any. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
5 Replies

7. Linux

Oracle Linux DVD that I install from wont mount

Hi, I am trying to mount my Oracle Linux 6-2 bootable disk that I installed from in order to manually copy off the packages directory onto the server ( to create a local YUM repository ) I have checked the DVD in my windows laptop and can see the packages folder ( so I know the DVD is iso9660... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Where can I get Sun Ultra 20 tools & drivers when Oracle abandoned them?

I'm in a desperate pursuit for Tools and Drivers CD for the six of my Ultra 20 M2 workstations - some of them have latest BIOS, some of them don't. Oracle doesn't support them anymore - I even bought myself a CSI to get to support, but still no luck - and it seems the ISOs are nowhere to be found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: casial
2 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)