Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers difference between task and process Post 12228 by sskb on Friday 21st of December 2001 11:50:31 AM
Old 12-21-2001
perderabo
Can I have some more on "Multithreading"?
Smilie
sskb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process vs task

Hi, I am new to this forum and unix too. I have just started learning unix. As I was going through the first chapter, I read that unix is multitasking, multiprogramming, multiprocessing and multiuser OS. My question is: Is there any difference between a TASK and a PROCESS. How are PROCESS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hana
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between 'jobs' and 'process'

Hi Everyone, Can you kindly explain me the terms 'jobs' and 'process' and the difference between them? How the commands 'ps' and 'lsof' are related to them? Thanking you in anticipation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adc22
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging task : script for mailing process completion timing report to users.

Hi all, This is my first post. I am new to unix scripting. My requirement is as follows : We are using a financial backoffice application. Now at the end of day we have send users a status report stating all timings of EOD processes for all countries. I need timings for following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammbhhar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Task

Hi experts, I have a problem with the below shell task: I need to modify the file creatin a paired row , per each row which matches filter (e.g. number of nonempty columns = 5) Output should look like this: second row is original one from the input, first row(red) is pairing row, it's... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
29 Replies

8. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. AIX

Difference between services and process

Hi, I want to know the Difference between services and process... is services having many processes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
CIMAG(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  CIMAG(3)

NAME
cimag, cimagf, cimagl - get imaginary part of a complex number SYNOPSIS
#include <complex.h> double cimag(double complex z); float cimagf(float complex z); long double cimagl(long double complex z); Link with -lm. DESCRIPTION
The cimag() function returns the imaginary part of the complex number z. One has: z = creal(z) + I * cimag(z) VERSIONS
These functions first appeared in glibc in version 2.1. ATTRIBUTES
Multithreading (see pthreads(7)) The cimag(), cimagf(), and cimagl() functions are thread-safe. CONFORMING TO
C99. NOTES
gcc also supports __imag__. That is a GNU extension. SEE ALSO
cabs(3), creal(3), complex(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2013-06-21 CIMAG(3)