Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Networking UNIX with WINDOWS
Special Forums IP Networking Networking UNIX with WINDOWS Post 1219 by Neo on Friday 16th of February 2001 01:10:30 PM
Old 02-16-2001
FWIW, there is a more complete story on Samba here:

http://my.unix.com/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

troubles networking Windows machines to RH7.1 Linux

i hear everyone talking about this SAMBA "service" that comes with Linux distros...im having no luck getting this to work, neither one of the boxes on the network sees each other. im only an intermediate level user of Linux...Networking with Windows machines is relatively new to me, so you can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking a SCO Unix box with a windows lan

Hi there! We have a SCO UNIX box that uses a bunch of dumb terminals. We also have a workgroup of 5 stations Is there a way that we can network the UNIX box to the workgroup for dumb terminal.. A novice would think you could TCP the UNIX machine through a hub and use hypertermal as a dumb... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: huilai
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking Linux 2 windows server

How do i network my linux 7 machine to a windows 98 server.I can ping them but how do i see them in explorer and how can i surf in netscape on my linux machine? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

networking linux to windows server

I have a linux 7 machine and i want to able to connect it to my windows 98 server.What do i do.They can ping each other but how do i make them see each other e.g be able to copy and send files to each other and surf??? how do i set up netscape to connect to my servers web server??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Networking Configuration for between UNIX and Windows OS

Good day! Im interested with unix application, however i don't have any idea on how to configure network on unix applicaton(server) to have a connection with windows operating system (worksatation). Please give me some facts how network works between unix and windows. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbbarrera
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake and Windows XP networking

I have a main computer which is running windows xp and has my internet connection. I also have my laptop which is running mandrake 9.0. I am completely new to lunix and was wondering how to network the two together so i can share my modem (can't afford broadband yet) In windows xp there were no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kickyr
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking unix & windows

I have very basic question: I have 2 windows sytem & 1 Unix system & wanted to put all three system into one network to each other. what kind of other hardware I need? like cable , router? can anybody tell me the configuration? like how to connect to external hardware to put into network? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar1
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic networking setup in unix

I have a SunOS 5.8 box and have always downloaded & applied patches via my PC, but I want to be able to go out to sunsolve directly from the console ... however, I guess it doesn't know the IP of our domain's DNS server or something. Where are these setting held on a Sun box??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

MP-RAS Unix Networking Setup

I have an MP-RAS unix server from ncr. We are trying to get the network configured so that we may transer files between the unix box and a pc. I have used the included TCPCONFIG command to setup the network, however I can not ping, telnet or ftp to any other pcs on the network. Any help would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)