Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Passing DISPLAY variable through rsh Post 1215 by PxT on Friday 16th of February 2001 10:45:44 AM
Old 02-16-2001
Many X applications will take a "-display" argument. Something like:

xv -display sunbox:0

Another alternative is to use ssh, as it handles the display variable automatically.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable passing

Hi, If a script A(Parent) is running and script B(child) is run from script A, will the variables in script A be past to script B? Will the variables exist only for the duration of running the script? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whugo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variable inside another variable.

Any help would be great. I know this is a dumb way of doing this, but I would like to know if there is a solution doing it this way. I'm very new at this and I'd like to learn more. Thanks! :D:D count=0 while ; do echo "enter your name" read name_$count let count=count+1 done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reconflux
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing shell variables to a rsh command

I noticed my script is not passing the value of variable alert to the rsh command. I need some assistance, please. This is a solaris environement. Thanks! :confused: #!/bin/sh echo -n "Alert number:" read alert rsh rhost_name 'egrep $alert /opt/var/log/*.logs' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lopus
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a command in a variable

I need to set up a strange system through which an arbitrary command is sent to a number of different servers (well, actually, VPS accounts). We have a command "vpass" that "passes" a command from the root level to resident VPS accounts. Suppose I wanted each VPS to do some trivial thing, like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, double variable, for loop and rsh

Hello folks, I've a (perhaps) simple question. In a text file I've : server_name1: directory1 server_name2: directory2 server_name3: directory3 I want to make a loop that lets me connect and operate on every server: rsh server_name1 "ls -l directory1" I've tried with awk,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable with *

Hi Folks, I would like to pass a variable with a wild card in an argument. My script works if I don't use a wildcard but fails when I use *. I want to use the script like: scriptname -F <filename*> @ i = 0 while ($i <= ${#argv}) switch ($argv) case -F: set j = `echo $i +1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot pass rsh and awk command into a variable

Hello, I'm having some issues getting a home dir from a remote server passed to a variable. Here is what I have so far: rsh server "(ls -ld /home*/user | awk '{print \$9}')" /home3/userThat works fine and brings back what I need. But when I try to add it to a variable it goes all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcounto
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing dynamic variable within another variable.

I have a small program which needs to pass variable dynamically to form the name of a second variable whose value wil be passed on to a third variable. ***************** Program Start ****************** LOC1=/loc1 PAT1IN=/loc2 PAT2IN=/loc3 if ; then for fpattern in `cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyril Jos
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
GLCALLLIST(3G)															    GLCALLLIST(3G)

NAME
glCallList - execute a display list C SPECIFICATION
void glCallList( GLuint list ) PARAMETERS
list Specifies the integer name of the display list to be executed. DESCRIPTION
glCallList causes the named display list to be executed. The commands saved in the display list are executed in order, just as if they were called without using a display list. If list has not been defined as a display list, glCallList is ignored. glCallList can appear inside a display list. To avoid the possibility of infinite recursion resulting from display lists calling one another, a limit is placed on the nesting level of display lists during display-list execution. This limit is at least 64, and it depends on the implementation. GL state is not saved and restored across a call to glCallList. Thus, changes made to GL state during the execution of a display list remain after execution of the display list is completed. Use glPushAttrib, glPopAttrib, glPushMatrix, and glPopMatrix to preserve GL state across glCallList calls. NOTES
Display lists can be executed between a call to glBegin and the corresponding call to glEnd, as long as the display list includes only com- mands that are allowed in this interval. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_MAX_LIST_NESTING glIsList SEE ALSO
glCallLists, glDeleteLists, glGenLists, glNewList, glPushAttrib, glPushMatrix GLCALLLIST(3G)