Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unbelievable pipe bug
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unbelievable pipe bug Post 12147 by jozsefke on Thursday 20th of December 2001 03:46:09 AM
Old 12-20-2001
The original cat command is this:

cat ${INSTALLSCRIPTS}/global_function2.sh $scriptname | $SHELL -s $*

where $scriptname is my postinstallscript.
Of course I know, that there are many other ways, to bypass the problem, but the question is, why does not work the above form.

The tests show, that the summ of the lines from global_function2.sh and postinstall.sh can't be more than 715.
Maybe is something with the memory size allocated for the pipe.

Sorry about the other post. Smilie

Best regards,
Jozsef

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it a bug ..?

Hi All, I am using Red Hat Linux on my servers. The problem that I am facing is, sometimes the /opt usage on the server shows used percentage as 100% , when actually it is simply 20%. When I reboot the system, it comes back to 20%.Is this a bug in the system or my settings have gone wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

2. AIX

bug in 43 ???

xxxxserver# lsattr -El inet0 | grep 255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 | grep '.40' route net,-hopcount,1,-netmask,255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 How this is possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where's the bug?

#!/bin/bash if then #echo "infinite loop" exit 0 fi when I run this file I get the following error: ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: `fi' :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir bug

Dear, I have the following script: maak_backup () { echo 'Maken van tijdelijke bestanden, even geduld aub.' for i in /home/yannick/* ; do cp -r $i $i.bac done if ; then echo 'Backup map = OK!' echo 'Bezig met kopiëren, even geduld... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadeki
9 Replies

5. Programming

is this a bug of g++?

Hello, Im using the g++(g++ Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5 4.4.5) and im trying to compile a small snippet code and got into an endless loop.I recompiled that in VS2010 under Windows 7 and the answer is as expected.so i wonder is this a bug of g++?here is my code. #include<iostream> using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
CAT(1)								   User Commands							    CAT(1)

NAME
cat - concatenate files and print on the standard output SYNOPSIS
cat [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Concatenate FILE(s) to standard output. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. -A, --show-all equivalent to -vET -b, --number-nonblank number nonempty output lines, overrides -n -e equivalent to -vE -E, --show-ends display $ at end of each line -n, --number number all output lines -s, --squeeze-blank suppress repeated empty output lines -t equivalent to -vT -T, --show-tabs display TAB characters as ^I -u (ignored) -v, --show-nonprinting use ^ and M- notation, except for LFD and TAB --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit EXAMPLES
cat f - g Output f's contents, then standard input, then g's contents. cat Copy standard input to standard output. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report cat translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
tac(1) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/cat> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) cat invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 CAT(1)