Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unbelievable pipe bug
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unbelievable pipe bug Post 12121 by jozsefke on Wednesday 19th of December 2001 01:41:51 PM
Old 12-19-2001
Unbelievable pipe bug

Hi!

Maybe is just because I am a beginner, but I can't imagine, what is the cause of the following problem:

- I have a postinstall script(~17 Kb), which will be called in the following way from an other global installtool:

cat postinstall.sh | sh > /dev/null 2>&1

But somehow not the entire script will be sended through the pipe, and I will get an error:

if [ "$ERROR_CODE" -eq 0 ]
then
# success
exit 0
else
# /bin/sh: syntax error at line 714: 'end of file' unexpected

Of course not this is the end of the script.

I have taked out some comments from the postinstall script, now it has ~14 Kb and now works everything fine.

I have tried out the original script with the above command (cat ...) from the command line, and there everything works. The problem come out not on every computers, so I have checked out the OS versions, but these are the same.

Had somebody before such an error?
What do you thing about it?

Thank you,
Jozsef

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it a bug ..?

Hi All, I am using Red Hat Linux on my servers. The problem that I am facing is, sometimes the /opt usage on the server shows used percentage as 100% , when actually it is simply 20%. When I reboot the system, it comes back to 20%.Is this a bug in the system or my settings have gone wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

2. AIX

bug in 43 ???

xxxxserver# lsattr -El inet0 | grep 255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 | grep '.40' route net,-hopcount,1,-netmask,255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 How this is possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where's the bug?

#!/bin/bash if then #echo "infinite loop" exit 0 fi when I run this file I get the following error: ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: `fi' :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir bug

Dear, I have the following script: maak_backup () { echo 'Maken van tijdelijke bestanden, even geduld aub.' for i in /home/yannick/* ; do cp -r $i $i.bac done if ; then echo 'Backup map = OK!' echo 'Bezig met kopiëren, even geduld... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadeki
9 Replies

5. Programming

is this a bug of g++?

Hello, Im using the g++(g++ Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5 4.4.5) and im trying to compile a small snippet code and got into an endless loop.I recompiled that in VS2010 under Windows 7 and the answer is as expected.so i wonder is this a bug of g++?here is my code. #include<iostream> using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
GPT-POSTINSTALL(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					GPT-POSTINSTALL(8)

NAME
gpt-postinstall - Searches for post install scripts and executes them SYNOPSIS
gpt-postinstall [-help -force -version -man -location ] DESCRIPTION
gpt-postinstall Searches an installation for post-install scripts that have not been run yet and executes them. These scripts are installed by Setup packages and are designed to localize an installation. The -force flag can be used to re-run all of the setup scripts. OPTIONS
-force forces all action to be taken, regardless of state. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. -location Location indicates the path to the Globus installation that will be used. SEE ALSO
gpt-install(1) gpt-uninstall(1) gpt-verify(1) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <eblau.ncsa.uiuc.edu> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-POSTINSTALL(8)