Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is there a way scroll text instead of page? Post 11952 by darthur on Friday 14th of December 2001 01:51:44 PM
Old 12-14-2001
How would a filter be done with tail?

How would I do that?

Just another brainstorming idea but, would I be able to read a file only say 5 lines at a time, and then sleep for 1 second before reading the next 5 lines? That may be an option but I am unsure How I would do that. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Text Modification and page I/O error

Hi!, while launching my C application on HP-UX 10.2 workstation, I get the following error message sometime: Pid 9951 killed due to text modification or page I/O error Could someone tell me what does this error means?? and how is this caused? Thanx in Advance, JP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

linking unix generated text file to html page

i am trying to link the text files that i generated from my shell script to an html page, to that i can view them using a browser, like internet explorer. i want to open the text files in html page when i enter a command to view the text file from the shell command. please could anyone help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexd
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Pid X killed due to text modification or page I/O error

Hello everybody, I have a HP-UX B.11.11. I had one disk and added one new. When trying to configure the second disk Not Using the Logical Volume Manager(from SAM) I have this error: Pid X killed due to text modification or page I/O error I tryed to add another partion on the first disk,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: savus
5 Replies

4. Solaris

How to scroll through the man page in Solaris

Hey All, I generally login to the Solaris box using Putty. But when I read a man page, I am not being able to scroll line by line using traditional 'j' or 'k' keys. Any idea about how can we scroll through line by line while reading a manage page over Putty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to download web page's text to a file?

Hi, Say there is a web page that contains just text only - that is, even the source code is just the text itself, nothing more. An example would be "http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/docs/ocean_percent.txt" Is there a UNIX command that would allow me to download this text and store it in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breanne
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep text matching problem with script which checks if web page contains text.

I wrote a Bash script which checks to see if a text string exists on a web page and then sends me an email if it does (or does not e.g. "Out of stock"). I run it from my crontab, it's quite handy from time to time and I've been using it for a few years now. The script uses wget to download an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web page with picture, text, php function

Hello. I'm trying to create a web page which the presentation is as follows: 1 °) at the top of page an image 2 °) below the text 3 °) to complete a php function that returns information. I tried different things but none work. Script 1: <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <style> div { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text from web page and add to file

I need help to make a script for Ubuntu to OSCam that copy the text on this website that only contains "C: ip port randomUSERNAME password" and want to exclude the text "C:" and replace the rest with the old in my test.server file. (line 22) device = ip,port (line 23) user =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baxarn
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting text file to html page

Hello Everyone, I have the following text file with the each field separated by newline Text file P file1-en-us_US-20170718T150157Z.json Wed 19 Jul 2017 06:10:13 AM EDT P file2-en-us_US-20170718T160150Z.json Wed 19 Jul 2017 06:10:13 AM EDT P file3-en-us_US-20170718T163218Z.json Wed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextStep
9 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

UZoo ad disabling scroll on page

The ad for UZoo disables scrolling. Very annoying (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
0 Replies
SLEEP(3)								 1								  SLEEP(3)

sleep - Delay execution

SYNOPSIS
int sleep (int $seconds) DESCRIPTION
Delays the program execution for the given number of $seconds. PARAMETERS
o $seconds - Halt time in seconds. RETURN VALUES
Returns zero on success, or FALSE on error. If the call was interrupted by a signal, sleep(3) returns a non-zero value. On Windows, this value will always be 192 (the value of the WAIT_IO_COMPLETION constant within the Windows API). On other platforms, the return value will be the number of seconds left to sleep. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS If the specified number of $seconds is negative, this function will generate a E_WARNING. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.4 | | | | | | | Before PHP 5.3.4, on Windows, sleep(3) always | | | returns NULL when sleep has occurred, regardless | | | of whether the sleep was interrupted or not. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 sleep(3) example <?php // current time echo date('h:i:s') . " "; // sleep for 10 seconds sleep(10); // wake up ! echo date('h:i:s') . " "; ?> This example will output (after 10 seconds) 05:31:23 05:31:33 SEE ALSO
usleep(3), time_nanosleep(3), time_sleep_until(3), set_time_limit(3). PHP Documentation Group SLEEP(3)