Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System requirements
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers System requirements Post 11826 by Expiditer on Wednesday 12th of December 2001 03:47:28 PM
Old 12-12-2001
Question System requirements

I am concidering setting up a server for a web page and I am clueless as to system requirements. Could someone tell me the requirement for installing unix from a hardware perscective.

Is it installed with no other OS on the computer. A mini primart would be greatly appreciated !!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Requirements

hello all, i am about to start in with (i hope) both solaris and linux. but first i need a system to put each of these OS's on what i would like to know what is the system requirements for Solaris and linux. i will be building the systems my self. they will all intel based, it is all i have parts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cloudy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Requirements

Does anyone know the system requirements for Unix 03? I need the CPU, RAM, and harddisk space requirements. I have been looking all over the web but can't seem to find the numbers. If you could post a link that would be great. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: burke2
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file system requirements

Hi, I need to give the file system requirements for our project and i don't know how to proceed. From where do i stand? Our box is SUNos and there are 20 to 30 application that we should support on the box. Can any one get me started in a direction. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 system requirements???

Hi guys, I have been using Solaris 10 virtually since a couple of weeks under VirtualBox. Now I want to run it on hardware as it doesn't seem to work well under VirtualBox, atleast to my knowledge. I have another system which I intend to run Solaris on, and it is as under. Processor:- Intel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies
LSDEV(8)							Linux System Manual							  LSDEV(8)

NAME
lsdev - display information about installed hardware SYNOPSIS
lsdev DESCRIPTION
lsdev gathers information about your computer's installed hardware from the interrupts, ioports and dma files in the /proc directory, thus giving you a quick overview of which hardware uses what I/O addresses and what IRQ and DMA channels. OPTIONS
None. FILES
/proc/interrupts IRQ channels. /proc/ioports I/O memory addresses. /proc/dma DMA channels. BUGS
lsdev can't always figure out which lines in the three examined files refer to one and the same device, because these files sometimes use different names for the same piece of hardware. For example, in some kernels the keyboard is referred to as `kbd' in /proc/ioports and as `keyboard' in /proc/interrupts. This should be fixed in the kernel, not in lsdev (as has indeed happened for this particular example). The program does however try to match lines by stripping anything after a space or open parenthesis from the name, so that e.g. the `serial' lines from /proc/interrupts match the `serial(set)' lines from /proc/ioports. This attempt at DWIM might be considered a bug in itself. This program only shows the kernel's idea of what hardware is present, not what's actually physically available. SEE ALSO
procinfo(8). AUTHOR
Sander van Malssen <svm@kozmix.cistron.nl> 3rd Release 1998-05-31 LSDEV(8)