Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: calling Perl from C
Top Forums Programming calling Perl from C Post 11793 by jyotipg on Wednesday 12th of December 2001 06:07:22 AM
Old 12-12-2001
u dont even need to use
system("perl test.pl filename") ;

better put the first line of your PERL file as #!/usr/bin/perl

then u can directly use

system("test.pl filename >output")
and then read from this output file

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

URL calling in PERL

All Please help me to call url in Perl. Ex: http://www.test.com/dynf?urn=123 Assume it will return success if 123 is in urn or it will return " failed". I want store this return type in a variable. Please help me to call the URL through PERL. Thanx in advance Regards Deepak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script from perl

Hi all, Not sure if this is the right forum to post query regarding perl script. I have a perl script which internally calls a shell script. My problem is that the shell script should be passed command line arguments. I call a shell script from perl using: system("sript.sh"); How do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Expect script in Perl...

I call a EXPECT script from my perl script with machine IP and a FIle. The script logins to the machine and exports the value. The values to be exported or stored in a file. I have close to 10 machines and I have created 10 files and pass the corresponding files in command line, Now I could like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkriz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling problem in perl script

Hi , Here is my piece of code-- main(); sub main { $result = GetOptions ("LogDir=s" => \$LogDir, "Summary" => \$Summary, "Indiviual=s" => \$Individual , "Diagnostics=s" => \$Diagnostics, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling 3 perl script from one

hi all, I have 3 perl scripts a.pl,b.pl and c.pl each of these work when i pass a date for eg: perl c.pl 2010-05-27 now i want to write a perl script that would call the 3 scripts and make it run all the 3 scripts (a.pl,b.pl,c.pl) parallelly rather than 1 after the other....... pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_nagarajan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl commands in shell

i have four commands 1. perl -MCPAN -e shell 2. o conf prerequisites_policy follow 3. o conf commit 4. exit I am attempting to streamline a bunch of yum commands and cpan installations and want to remove the confirmation portion of the cpan these four commands will do just that. my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphybr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Function calling using parameters

I have two variables. I need to call them using the same function my $dat1 ="abc"; my $dat2 ="def"; my $check; filecheck($dat1,$dat2); sub filecheck($) { $check = shift; print "first name is $check\n"; } print "this is fine\n"; sub filecheck($) { $check = shift; print "second... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Methods Calling

Hello I am on my way to improve my wonderful Perl skills, I got an issue which I want to share with you all. I have a Perl module which looks like package Cocoa; require Exporter; @ISA = qw(Exporter); my $a=''; my $b=''; my $c=''; sub new { my $this = shift; # Create... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl from shell script

I am calling a perl script from shell script. $ cat mah_appln_bkp_oln.ksh #!/bin/ksh . /udb/home/udbappln/.profile . /udb/home/udbappln/sqllib/db2profile Com=/udb/udbappln/utility/systemscripts/currentUMR perl $Com/backup.pl -d dbname --tsm --purgetsmcopies 21 --purgetsmlogs exit 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies
FindBin(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      FindBin(3pm)

NAME
FindBin - Locate directory of original perl script SYNOPSIS
use FindBin; use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../lib"; or use FindBin qw($Bin); use lib "$Bin/../lib"; DESCRIPTION
Locates the full path to the script bin directory to allow the use of paths relative to the bin directory. This allows a user to setup a directory tree for some software with directories <root>/bin and <root>/lib and then the above example will allow the use of modules in the lib directory without knowing where the software tree is installed. If perl is invoked using the -e option or the perl script is read from "STDIN" then FindBin sets both $Bin and $RealBin to the current directory. EXPORTABLE VARIABLES
$Bin - path to bin directory from where script was invoked $Script - basename of script from which perl was invoked $RealBin - $Bin with all links resolved $RealScript - $Script with all links resolved KNOWN ISSUES
If there are two modules using "FindBin" from different directories under the same interpreter, this won't work. Since "FindBin" uses "BEGIN" block, it'll be executed only once, and only the first caller will get it right. This is a problem under mod_perl and other persis- tent Perl environments, where you shouldn't use this module. Which also means that you should avoid using "FindBin" in modules that you plan to put on CPAN. The only way to make sure that "FindBin" will work is to force the "BEGIN" block to be executed again: delete $INC{'FindBin.pm'}; require FindBin; KNOWN BUGS
If perl is invoked as perl filename and filename does not have executable rights and a program called filename exists in the users $ENV{PATH} which satisfies both -x and -T then FindBin assumes that it was invoked via the $ENV{PATH}. Workaround is to invoke perl as perl ./filename AUTHORS
FindBin is supported as part of the core perl distribution. Please send bug reports to <perlbug@perl.org> using the perlbug program included with perl. Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995 Graham Barr & Nick Ing-Simmons. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or mod- ify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 FindBin(3pm)