Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: customizing xterm windows
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers customizing xterm windows Post 1177 by toddy44 on Tuesday 13th of February 2001 05:19:25 PM
Old 02-13-2001
MySQL

This is what worked for me.

In my .cshrc file I added the following lines.
set system=`uname -n` # name of this system.
set myname=`/usr/ucb/whoami` # user name
set ip_addr=`ypmatch $system hosts` # IP address
set prompt="[$myname@($ip_addr)]$cwd-> " #command prompt.
alias cd 'cd \!* ; set prompt="[`whoami`@($ip_addr)]$cwd-> "; echo -n "2;`dirs`1;`dirs`"'

With a result of my command line looking like:
[username@(ip address nodename ]/home/username->

And the title of the xterm window dynamically changing to the dir I cd too.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing CDE background

i have a question about setting the background in a workspace in CDE. I have CDE runnning on Solaris 8 here at work and I want to use some images I have as the background in or two of the workspaces. When I use xv on the image and choose the option the option from the Display Menu -> Root:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

customizing desktop

I need help editing my openwin file. I've got it all set up so the options I normally use (xman, cmdtools, xeyes, printtool) automatically come up when I log on, but it won't read my -geometry entries. I got them by right-clicking on the desktop, but apparently they need to be entered a certain... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdienlin
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Customizing RHEL OS

Hello Every One, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question. But please help me with your ideas. I have got a work (proj) where i need to customize the RHEL OS . This would involve building packages, installing them , correcting privileges etc and all these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirsha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing UNIX

Hello i'm just wondering how to customize the color of unix's (or SSH) background, cursor, and letter? Thank you for your time (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xterm console windows at X,Y position

Hi all I want run Xterm and set it windows to a specific position ( inside Gnome display ) : may be I want run Xterm and set it at the low-right corner of screen... I know "geometry" parameter for windows size but for position is there something ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerold
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing from address in mailx command

Currently I am using mailx command for sending mails. But the mail is sent as from userid@servername by default. Is it possible to customise the from mail address in mailx command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

customizing default file permission

By default, the files are creates with this permissions:-rw-rw-r-- Is it possible to customize that in such away that ,always created as 777. Where i need to make changes? Please guide me. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customizing ps command

Hi, I want to monitor our batch jobs at a specific interval for later analysis to see the performance and CPU utilization USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND ps aux|grep dsadm|head xxxxx 386 0.0 0.0 103524 15448 pts/0 S Mar27 0:00... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Customizing bash on AIX

AIX is really different from most distros I am used to. I am trying to set up my .bashrc so I did this in the file. I noticed when I ssh into the server or use the bash command for a new shell it was being ignored. #------------------------------------------------------------- # Source global... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies
ATMARP(8)						       Maintenance Commands							 ATMARP(8)

NAME
atmarp - administer classical IP over ATM connections SYNOPSIS
atmarp -a atmarp -c [[atm]number] atmarp -q ip_addr [qos qos] [sndbuf bytes] atmarp -s ip_addr [itf.]vpi.vci [qos qos] [sndbuf bytes] [temp] [pub] [null] atmarp -s ip_addr atm_addr [qos qos] [sndbuf bytes] [temp] [pub] [arpsrv] atmarp -d ip_addr [arpsrv] atmarp -V DESCRIPTION
atmarp is used to maintain the ATMARP table of the ATMARP demon. The table can be listed, new PVC and SVC entries can be added, and exist- ing entries can be deleted. In addition to that, atmarp is also used to create new IP over ATM interfaces. Note that the kernel has its own ATMARP table containing only entries for destinations to which a connection exists. The table of atmarpd can also contain currently unused entries. OPTIONS
-a list the current ATMARP table. -c create the specified IP interface. If the interface number is omitted, the operating system assigns the next free number and atmarp prints the resulting interface name (e.g. `atm0') on standard output. -q sets the QOS and the send buffer size to use as the default for all VCs generated for that IP network (ip_addr must be the address of the network). -s set up a PVC or create an SVC entry. The following options are recognized: qos qos uses the specified quality of service (see qos(7) for the syntax). UBR at link speed is used by default. sndbuf bytes tries to set the send buffer to the specified number of bytes. A system default value is used if sndbuf is not specified. temp does not mark the entry as permanent, i.e. it will time out and then be removed. pub publishes the entry (only relevant for ATMARP server). ATMARP requests for entries not marked for publishing yield an ATMARP_NAK response. null uses NULL encapsulation instead of LLC/SNAP encapsulation on the PVC. This option is not available for SVCs, because the LLC/SNAP header is required to identify ATMARP packets. null also implies that the entry is permanent. arpsrv identifies the entry pointing to the ATMARP server. Note that the node acting as the ATMARP server must have no ATMARP server entry in its ATMARP table. -d delete the specified ARP entry. In order to prevent accidental deletion of the ATMARP server entry, the arpsrv flag must be speci- fied when deleting it. -V print the version number of atmarp on standard output and exit. FILES
/var/run/atmarpd.table ATMARP table AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger, EPFL ICA <Werner.Almesberger@epfl.ch> SEE ALSO
atmarpd(8), clip(8), qos(7) Linux April 26, 2000 ATMARP(8)