Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers converting files from unix to windows Post 11752 by rwb1959 on Tuesday 11th of December 2001 05:29:38 PM
Old 12-11-2001
I assume your HP sure Store 24 Tape drive is on attached to a
Windoze machine?

To extract .tar and .tar.gz files on Windows 95, 98 or NT, use PowerArchiver 6.1 (freeware)

You can find links to it at...
http://www.gzip.org/

I hope I understood you correctly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Converting Unix executable files

I loaded OS X Panther on my Mac G4 and found that many files previously saved as Word or Word Perfect files were inadventently converted to Unix executable files. When I try to read these in Word, it cannot recognize or translate the file properly. Does anyone know how to translate these files? Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steven Greenber
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting Unix text to windows

I am trying to FTP a text file from a machine running LynxOS and I am having problems with the way windows "sees" the characters. For example this is how windows presents the text:     DevProcRcpClass The boxes are what I am having problems with. When viewing the same file on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchristisen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting txt files in linux to windows

HI.. i have this problem..i want to copy a text file from linux and import it into an access file..but so many junk characters are coming in between..what i have to do.. plz help.. thanx in advance, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbuddy
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a Windows system to a UNIX system

Hello I am looking for advise on how to convert a windows based computer system into a UNIX based operating system.. I would like to be able to learn UNIX better than I know it and work didn't allow me to work with UNIX much. Is there a book where I could learn how to accomplish that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baksg1995
6 Replies

6. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Converting an old windows vista system to Unix

I have an old Dell system that I would like to convert over to a Unix system and I have no idea how to do this. Where can I go to get the information to do this. This will be a secondary computer that I will learn and "play" with. I have heard that it is fairly easy to do and that once I get used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Richard.Borden2
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to copy files from Windows to UNIX box

Hi Folks, I have a file name abc.xml in my windows machine at the location c:\ytr\abc.xml which I want to place at the unix box machine inside cde directory.. at the following location that is /opt/app/cde/ now the credentials of unix box are abc345 -->(dummyid) ftyiu88--->(dummy passwd) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Dutch and converting files to UNIX

Dear All, for last few days I am dealing with silly problem of converting files from different types and styles (ansi, utf) in dutch to a normal unix files with utf-8 without BOM ... using both linux terminal and cygwin and no matter what I have no been successful the files has hidden... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
8 Replies
tms(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    tms(7)

NAME
tms - TMSCP magnetic tape interface SYNOPSIS
For XMI/KDM on Alpha-based systems: bus xmi0 at iop0 vector xmierror controller uq0 at xmi? port kdm vector uqintr device tape tms0 at uq0 drive 0 For MSI Bus: only MIPS-based DECsystem 5500 bus msi0 at ibus? vector msi_isr controller dssc1 at msi0 msinode 1 device tape tms3 at dssc1 drive 3 For XMI/CI/HSC on Alpha-based systems: bus xmi0 at iop0 vector xmierror bus ci0 at xmi? port np vector cimna_isr controller hsc6 at ci0 cinode 6 device tape tms3 at hsc6 drive 3 For tms devices dual ported between two controllers: device tape tms2 at * drive 2 DESCRIPTION
The TMSCP driver provides a standard tape drive interface, as described in mtio(7). This is a driver for any controller that adheres to the Tape Mass Storage Control Protocol (TMSCP). The TMSCP controllers communicate with the host through a packet-oriented protocol termed the Tape Mass Storage Control Protocol. Tape Support - Alpha-based systems TA78, TA79, TA81, TA90, TA90E, TA91 Diagnostics All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem. FILES
/dev/rmt??? /dev/nrmt??? SEE ALSO
mtio(7), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8) delim off tms(7)