Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apache virtual host
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Apache virtual host Post 11740 by Neo on Tuesday 11th of December 2001 04:30:19 PM
Old 12-11-2001
Must have this directive (something like):

NameVirtualHost 63.23.23.23:80

and something like:

<VirtualHost www.host.com:80>
ServerAdmin lab@host.com
DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/share/htdocs
ServerName www.host.com
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/host_error_log
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/host_access_log
</VirtualHost>

AND:

Make sure www.host.com resolved to the right IP address in the DNS (in this bogus example: 63.23.23.23).

That is about it.......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

I have a need to write scripts that can reliably determine the virtual host of a Sun Solaris system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meridian
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

Is it possible to reliably detect the virtual host of a Sun Solaris box, within a shell or Perl script? Can a system have multiple virtual host or not host at all ? I was recently made aware of hostname command, but was not sure if this option was the only one available. Any help is much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meridian
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine access on host os

Hi I have two solaris 10 virtual machines on my Vista laptop. I want to access both machines using putty in vista. I used DHCP while installing virtual machines. one machine gets the ip address and other does not. What is the problem? can i assign a static ip address if yes how? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Virtual Host Apache

Hi, I have set up the following virtual host but it cannot find the URL? Apache is running fine and I have disabled iptables. Within the document root I have the following file index.html displaying a sample text message. Any ideas what my problem might be? httpd.conf: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Apache question - virtual host related

Hi folks, I recently read about Apache virtual host and was able to configure that as well. I used name based virtual host (lets say http://vhost1.example.com) and it worked just fine. Then I configured another named based virtual host on same apache server (lets say http://vhost2.example.com)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Problems with Apache Virtual Host

I am attempting to add virtual hosts to an apache web server, which has this current configuration: <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost DocumentRoot /var/www <Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None ... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
27 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual - how do I tell physical host?

uname -a reports type Generic so I know its virtual. Assume its an ldom somewhere. How do I find out what physical host server is? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Virtual host issue

Hello, I am facing a very strange issue while setting a virtual host on apache to setup multiple websites using separate IPs. Virtual host is setup but when i am browsing the website it display content under /var/www/html and displaying site1 and site2 folder instead of access the content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)