Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: what is the exact reason ?
Top Forums Programming what is the exact reason ? Post 11597 by shamal on Saturday 8th of December 2001 06:54:34 AM
Old 12-08-2001
Question what is the exact reason ?

please refer the following 2 statements...
1)
int i=1,j;
j= i++ + i++;

2) int i=1,j;
j=++i + ++i;

how j becomes 2 and 6 for the above 2 statements
respectively ???
( i guessed j must be 3 and 5)
Somebody define the exact reason please.. Smilie

-sham-

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reason for Segmentation fault

The following program fails with "Segmentation fault" error message, while I try to run in Ubuntu (Debian) Linux m/c. It is not creating any core file, so I could not cross examine it with the debugger. See the comments for much better understanding. Could any one tell me the exact reason why the... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
20 Replies

2. Red Hat

Server usually restart not reason

Hi everyone, - I have CentOs server 5.4 , I usually remote by ssh. - My problem is server usually restart but I don't reason. I check log in file /var/log/messages: I don't see "signal 15" which kernel have to receive before restart. Everyone can see in attach. - I try to restart with command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vietbk87
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

programs are being autostarted for no reason

I have nothing in these folders and several programs are being autostarted for no reason. Chromium, nautilus, Okular, and quadrapassel are the programs being started. I have nothing in my .bashrc. Not sure where else to look. I have no idea why this is happening and it is driving me crazy. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

QUESTION1: grep only exact string. QUESTION2: find and replace only exact value with sed

QUESTION1: How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1 CAR2_KEY0 CAR2_KEY1 CAR1_KEY10 CURRENT COMMAND LINE: WHERE VARIABLE CAR_NUMBER=1 AND KEY_NUMBER=1 grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo exact xml tag from an exact file

Im stumped on this one. Id like to echo into a .txt file all names for an xml feed in a huge folder. Can that be done?? Id need to echo <name>This name</name> in client.xml files. $path="/mnt/windows/path" echo 'recording names' cd "$path" for names in $path than Im stuck on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
2 Replies

6. AIX

Cluster failure reason

Hi guys ! I'm a French IT student in AIX, and i'm note very fluent in english. I have a task : Write a script to inform the administrator if on of a cluster UC is not working. I'm not going to ask you the script ^^' But i want to make a list of the failure reason of a cluster (network,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
10 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

What's the reason behind having -n option for mv command?

Sorry for a question that may seem dumb but learning UNIX basics I still can not grasp benefits of using mv -n source file target file I can understand the need for cp -n source file target file when you get a copy with contents untouched but the former baffles me. I know that this about... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
8 Replies
Resurrector(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Resurrector(3)

NAME
Log::Log4perl::Resurrector - Dark Magic to resurrect hidden L4p statements DESCRIPTION
Loading "use Log::Log4perl::Resurrector" causes subsequently loaded modules to have their hidden ###l4p DEBUG(...) ###l4p INFO(...) ... statements uncommented and therefore 'resurrected', i.e. activated. This allows for a module "Foobar.pm" to be written with Log4perl statements commented out and running at full speed in normal mode. When loaded via use Foobar; all hidden Log4perl statements will be ignored. However, if a script loads the module "Foobar" after loading "Log::Log4perl::Resurrector", as in use Log::Log4perl::Resurrector; use Foobar; then "Log::Log4perl::Resurrector" will have put a source filter in place that will extract all hidden Log4perl statements in "Foobar" before "Foobar" actually gets loaded. Therefore, "Foobar" will then behave as if the ###l4p DEBUG(...) ###l4p INFO(...) ... statements were actually written like DEBUG(...) INFO(...) ... and the module "Foobar" will indeed be Log4perl-enabled. Whether any activated Log4perl statement will actually trigger log messages, is up to the Log4perl configuration, of course. There's a startup cost to using "Log::Log4perl::Resurrector" (all subsequently loaded modules are examined) but once the compilation phase has finished, the perl program will run at full speed. Some of the techniques used in this module have been stolen from the "Acme::Incorporated" CPAN module, written by chromatic. Long live CPAN! COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> and Kevin Goess <cpan@goess.org>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-02-07 Resurrector(3)