Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apache virtual host
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Apache virtual host Post 11594 by 98_1LE on Friday 7th of December 2001 11:55:07 PM
Old 12-08-2001
Apache virtual host

Would this be the correct entry for Apache to answer on the IP 129.250.242.126 if the servers IP is 129.250.242.125? Are any other changes necessary to get Apache to answer this IP for web traffic?
Code:
< VirtualHost 129.250.242.126>
ServerName www.my_domain.com
ServerAdmin admin@my_domain.com
DocumentRoot /home/my_domain.com/public_html
CustomLog domlogs/my_domain.com combined
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/my_domain.com/public_html/cgi-bin/
< /VirtualHost>

Thanks,
Chuck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

I have a need to write scripts that can reliably determine the virtual host of a Sun Solaris system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meridian
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix virtual host detection

Is it possible to reliably detect the virtual host of a Sun Solaris box, within a shell or Perl script? Can a system have multiple virtual host or not host at all ? I was recently made aware of hostname command, but was not sure if this option was the only one available. Any help is much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meridian
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine access on host os

Hi I have two solaris 10 virtual machines on my Vista laptop. I want to access both machines using putty in vista. I used DHCP while installing virtual machines. one machine gets the ip address and other does not. What is the problem? can i assign a static ip address if yes how? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Virtual Host Apache

Hi, I have set up the following virtual host but it cannot find the URL? Apache is running fine and I have disabled iptables. Within the document root I have the following file index.html displaying a sample text message. Any ideas what my problem might be? httpd.conf: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Apache question - virtual host related

Hi folks, I recently read about Apache virtual host and was able to configure that as well. I used name based virtual host (lets say http://vhost1.example.com) and it worked just fine. Then I configured another named based virtual host on same apache server (lets say http://vhost2.example.com)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Problems with Apache Virtual Host

I am attempting to add virtual hosts to an apache web server, which has this current configuration: <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost DocumentRoot /var/www <Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None ... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
27 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual - how do I tell physical host?

uname -a reports type Generic so I know its virtual. Assume its an ldom somewhere. How do I find out what physical host server is? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Virtual host issue

Hello, I am facing a very strange issue while setting a virtual host on apache to setup multiple websites using separate IPs. Virtual host is setup but when i am browsing the website it display content under /var/www/html and displaying site1 and site2 folder instead of access the content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
2 Replies
vfilepg(8)						      System Manager's Manual							vfilepg(8)

NAME
vfilepg - Display pages of an AdvFS file SYNOPSIS
/sbin/advfs/vfilepg domain_id fileset_id file_id [page | -a] [-f d] /sbin/advfs/vfilepg volume_id -b block /sbin/advfs/vfilepg domain_id fileset_id file_id -d dump_file /sbin/advfs/vfilepg [-F] dump_file [page | -a] [-f d] OPTIONS
Specifies that all the pages in the file be displayed. Specifies the logical block number of a disk block on an AdvFS volume. Specifies the name of a file that contains the output of this utility. Specifies that the output is to be formatted in a directory hierarchy. The default, if this option is not specified, is to format the output as a hexadecimal and ASCII dump. OPERANDS
Specifies an AdvFS file domain using the following format: By default, the utility opens all volumes using block device special files. Specify the -r option to operate on the raw device (character device special file) of the domain instead of the block device. Specify the [-D] option to force the utility to interpret the name you supply in the domain argument as a domain name. Specifies an AdvFS volume using the following format: Specify the -V option to force the utility to interpret the name you supply in the volume argument as a volume name. The volume name argument also can be a full or partial path name, for example /dev/disk/dsk12a or dsk12a. Specifying a partial path name always opens the character device special file. Alternatively, specify the volume by using arguments for its domain, domain_id, and its volume index number, volume_index. Speci- fies an AdvFS fileset using the following format: Specify the [-S] option to force the command to interpret the name you supply as a fileset name. Specify the fileset by entering either the name of the fileset, fileset, or the fileset's tag number, -T fileset_tag. Specifies a file name in the following format: Specify the file by entering either the file's fileset relative path name, file, or the file's tag number, -t file_tag. Specifies the name of a file that contains the output from this utility. Specifies the file page number of a file. DESCRIPTION
The vfilepg utility formats, dumps, and displays AdvFS file pages. A file page is the unit of disk storage for AdvFS file: 8 Kbytes of contiguous disk space. The utility has the following functions: Format and display one file page or all the file pages of a file. The file can be in a mounted or unmounted fileset. Save the contents of a file in one fileset to a file in another fileset. The file written is called a dump file. The source file can be in a mounted or unmounted fileset; the output fileset must be mounted. Format and display a dump file that has been dumped using the utility. Format and display a disk block of a file. A disk block is always 512 bytes and is located by specifying its logical block number. You can specify which file page is to be displayed (page zero is the default), or you can display all the file pages in a file. The default display of file page information is in hexadecimal and ASCII formats. If you use the -f d option, you can specify that the data be format- ted as a directory page as it is displayed. The utility displays one 8 Kbyte file page unless you specify the -b or -a options. The utility displays one 512-byte disk block when you use the -b option; all the file pages when you use the -a option. NOTES
An active domain, which is a domain with one or more of its filesets mounted, has all of its volumes opened using block device special files. These devices cannot be opened a second time without first being unmounted. However, the character device special files for the volumes can be opened more than once while still mounted. It can be misleading to use this utility on a domain with mounted filesets because the utility does not synchronize its read requests with AdvFS file domain read and write requests. For example, the AdvFS can be writing to the disk as the utility is reading from the disk. Therefore, when you run the utility, metadata may not have been flushed in time for the utility to read it and consecutive reads of the same file page may return unpredictable or con- tradictory results. [The domain is not harmed.] To avoid this problem, unmount all the fileset in the domain before using this utility. RESTRICTIONS
The utility can fail to open a block device, even when there are no filesets mounted for the domain and the AdvFS daemon, advfsd is run- ning. The daemon, as it runs, activates the domain for a brief time. If the vfilepg utility fails in this situation, run it again. EXIT STATUS
The utility returns a 0 (zero) on success, otherwise it returns a nonzero value and an error diagnostic. EXAMPLES
The following example displays an etc file in the root fileset in the domain root_domain in the default format, a hexadecimal and ASCII dump. [The output has been truncated on the right in order to fit the display limitations of the man command.]: # /sbin/advfs/vfilepg root_domain root etc ====================================================================== DOMAIN "root_domain" VDI 1 (/dev/disk/dsk9a) lbn 8528 page 0 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 000000 06 00 00 00 14 00 01 00 2e 00 00 00 06 00 00 00 .......... 000010 01 80 00 00 02 00 00 00 14 00 02 00 2e 2e 00 00 .......... 000020 02 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 72 00 00 00 18 00 05 00 ........r. 000030 66 73 74 61 62 00 00 00 72 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 fstab...r. 000040 85 00 00 00 20 00 0c 00 23 2e 6d 72 67 2e 2e 67 .... ...#. 000050 72 6f 75 70 00 00 00 00 85 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 roup...... 000060 87 00 00 00 20 00 0c 00 23 2e 6d 72 67 2e 2e 6d .... ...#. 000070 61 67 69 63 00 00 00 00 87 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 agic...... 000080 88 00 00 00 20 00 0d 00 23 2e 6d 72 67 2e 2e 70 .... ...#. The following example displays an etc file in directory format. [The output has been truncated on the right in order to fit the display limitations of the man command.]: # /sbin/advfs/vfilepg root_domain root etc -f d ====================================================================== DOMAIN "root_domain" VDI 1 (/dev/rdisk/dsk9a) lbn 8528 page 0 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- tag name 6 . 2 .. 114 fstab 133 #.mrg..group 135 #.mrg..magic 136 #.mrg..passwd 137 #.mrg..rc.config 138 #.mrg..rpc 139 #.mrg..shells 140 #.mrg..sysconfigtab 1296 ddr.dbase 1297 disktab The following example displays page 2 of the file my_file in fileset my_fileset of domain my_domain. The output is dis- played in hexadecimal and ASCII text: # /sbin/advfs/vfilepg my_domain my_fileset my_file 2 The following example displays page 2 of the file my_file in fileset my_fileset of domain my_domain. The output is displayed in directory format: # /sbin/advfs/vfilepg my_domain my_fileset my_file 2 -f d The following example displays disk block 47 on AdvFS volume /dev/disk/dsk12C. The output is displayed in ASCII text: # /sbin/advfs/vfilepg dsk12c -b 47 The following example displays the first page (page zero) of the root directory in the fileset my_fileset. The output is displayed in directory format: # /sbin/advfs/vfilepg my_domain my_fileset . -f d The following example dumps the file located in the path a/b/c in fileset my_fileset to a file named save_it in the default ASCII format. # /sbin/advfs/vfilepg my_domain my_fileset a/b/c -d save_it The following example displays page 2 of the saved file save_it formatted as a directory: # /sbin/advfs/vfilepg save_it 2 -f d FILES
Specifies the command path. Contains links to the volumes in the domain. SEE ALSO
Commands: nvfragpg(8), nvlogpg(8), vsbmpg(8), nvtagpg(8), tag2name(8) vfilepg(8)