Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: web
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers web Post 11589 by jonas27 on Friday 7th of December 2001 07:52:33 PM
Old 12-07-2001
web

how do i get any graphics or text from any websites

am i going in the right direction with gopher or lnyx..is there a certain command you have to type before you can see the site...

i dont know...ahh

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM)

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM) 1. I like to understand the difference in purpose of using java web console and Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) 2. As per CIS benchmark, both of them has to be disabled when not used for increased security. Solaris admin(s) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberidude
0 Replies
GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)							 1							GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)

gopher_parsedir - Translate a gopher formatted directory entry into an associative array.

SYNOPSIS
array gopher_parsedir (string $dirent) DESCRIPTION
gopher_parsedir(3) parses a gopher formatted directory entry into an associative array. While gopher returns text/plain documents for actual document requests. A request to a directory (such as /) will return specially encoded series of lines with each line being one directory entry or information line. PARAMETERS
o $dirent - The directory entry. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array whose components are: o type - One of the GOPHER_XXX constants. o title - The name of the resource. o path - The path of the resource. o host - The domain name of the host that has this document (or directory). o port - The port at which to connect on host. Upon failure, the additional data entry of the returned array will hold the parsed line. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Hypothetical output from gopher://gopher.example.com/ 0All about my gopher site. /allabout.txt gopher.example.com 70 9A picture of my cat. /pics/cat.png gopher.example.com 70 1A collection of my writings. /stories gopher.example.com 70 hThe HTTP version of this site. URL:http://www.example.com gopher.example.com 70 1Mirror of this site in Spain. / gopher.ejemplo.co.es 70 iWelcome to my gopher site. error.host 1 iPlease select one of the options above error.host 1 iSend complaints to /dev/null error.host 1 iLong live gopher! error.host 1 In the example above, the root directory at gopher.example.com knows about one DOCUMENT identified by 0 located at gopher://gopher.exam- ple.com:70/allabout.txt. It also knows about two other directory (which have their own listing files) at gopher://gopher.exmaple.com:70/stories and at gopher://gopher.ejemplo.co.es:70/. In addition there is a binary file, a link to an HTTP url, and several informative lines. By passing each line of the directory listing into gopher_parsedir(3), an associative array is formed containing a parsed out version of the data. Example #2 Using gopher_parsedir(3) <?php $directory = file("gopher://gopher.example.com"); foreach($directory as $dirent) { print_r(gopher_parsedir($dirent)); } ?> The above example will output: Array ( [type] => 0 [title] => All about my gopher site. [path] => /allabout.txt [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 9 [title] => A picture of my cat. [path] => /pics/cat.png [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 1 [title] => A collection of my writings. [path] => /stories [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 254 [title] => The HTTP version of this site. [path] => URL:http://www.example.com [host] => gopher.example.com [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 1 [title] => Mirror of this site in Spain. [path] => / [host] => gopher.ejemplo.co.es [port] => 70 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Welcome to my gopher site. [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Please select one of the options above. [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Send complaints to /dev/null [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) Array ( [type] => 255 [title] => Long live gopher! [path] => [host] => error.host [port] => 1 ) PHP Documentation Group GOPHER_PARSEDIR(3)