Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to go back 1 day using the date command Post 11530 by Cameron on Friday 7th of December 2001 12:13:01 AM
Old 12-07-2001
Ok, I understand the script and provided the following result ...
Yeseterday was: 6 12 2001 .

But how does one convert the month (12) into either the long or short name(ie - December/Dec).

I need to do this as Directories are named ... (eg - Nov2001, Dec2001, etc.). I'm trying to create a reporting script to run via cron on the 1st of every month perusing the pervious months sar files for system reports. The scripts purpose is to be run from cron and the command line if required (for reruns for eg.).

Any help appreciated - have already done a search.
Such is the life of a newbie.Smilie

Last edited by Cameron; 12-07-2001 at 09:37 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I back up all the files I work with each day using tar?

Can I back up all the files I work with each day using tar? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find all files created a day back

Hi Guys, My unix is SunOS. I like to find all the files which are created 1 day back. i tried the following command find . -type f -name '*.aud' -mtime +1 This gives me all the files created 48 hours back (2 days) but not one.. Can you let me know where i am going wrong. Thanks,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch date of 7 years back from current date in Perl

$beginDate = substr(DateCalc("today", "-7Days"),0,8); This fetches the date 7 days back Can I fetch the date before 7 years from todays date in Perl using same syntax Use code tags, see PM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

6. AIX

Need to get the next day's date of the user entered date

I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date for example: Enter date (yyyy/mm/yy): 2013/10/08I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date Desired Output: 2013/10/09Though there are ways to achieve this is Linux or Unix environment (date command) ,I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm120
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Using date command, getting previous day

Legends, i need to get previous day using date command. Can you please help. sdosanjh:/home> date +%m%d%y 011514 i tried -d '-1 day' but it is not working (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
NNSTATS(1m)															       NNSTATS(1m)

NAME
nnstats - display nnmaster collection and expire statistics SYNOPSIS
nnstats [ -lt ] [ -d month day ] [ -m month ] [ logfile ]... DESCRIPTION
nnstats will extract the collection (C) and expiration (X) entries from the log file and calculate total and average number of articles, groups and elapsed time per day, per month, or for the duration of the whole log file. Normally only a summary for the specified period is printed. If -l is specified, the statistics for each day in the period is also printed, and if -t is specified the summary is not printed. Normally the statistics is collected for all days in the log files (or the current log file if one is not specified). If "-m month" is specified, the statistics for that month is calculated. The month is specified in normal date notation, i.e. a capital- ized three letter abbreviation like Jan, Feb, ... If "-d month day" is specified, the statistics for that date only is calculated and printed. FILES
../Log The log file SEE ALSO
nn(1), nnusage(1M), nnadmin(1M), nnmaster(8) NOTES
If nnmaster is run with options -LCX, nnstats will not work, because the necessary entries are not written to the log file. AUTHORS
Mark Moraes <moraes@csri.toronto.edu> Kim F. Storm <storm@texas.dk> 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 6.6 NNSTATS(1m)