Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how can i store it ?
Top Forums Programming how can i store it ? Post 11514 by rwb1959 on Thursday 6th of December 2001 04:00:39 PM
Old 12-06-2001
Take a look at the IEEE double precision
representation...

http://www.math.grin.edu/~stone/cour...EEE-reals.html

The greatest number that has an exact IEEE single-precision representation is
340282346638528859811704183484516925440.0 (2^128 - 2^104)

The greatest real number that can be represented
exactly as a double-precision real
is 2^1024 - 2^971, and
the least positive real that can be so
represented is 2^-1074

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store username

I would like to write files to a directory (not under the user's home) which includes the userid. Example: userid = john John's home dir is /home/john I want to create a directory /var/prog/john MSG_HOME=/var/prog; export MSG_HOME; USR_NAME=@@@@; export USER_NAME; if ; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinplant
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and store

When i grep a file and store it in a file it is storing as a zero byte file any way to avoid that..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot store integer value

Hi , I have code like below in my ksh script, but getting an error as SP2-0253: data item 1 ("SAMPLE_ID") will not fit on line , pls help me. thanks. if (( CHECKS == 0 )) || (( CHECKS == 1 )) then V_SAMPLE_ID=$( $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -S / <<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bennichan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

store key value

Hi All, I have a string like echo $var D_PROC=20080723 I_REPROC=N C_TYPE_FILE=INBOUND Now I want it be stored in an associative array so that when we echo $arr it should be 20080723 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

5. Programming

Read and Store

How can I read from the user input and store each word individually for example word1 word2 number1 number2 word 3 number3 server 192.25.1.1 55555 22 logged 15 I need to store and manipulate each word/number individually and these inputs are entered by the user. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep and store in a file

Guys, I was wondering what command can be used to parse the "LaxOrdID" field into a separate file? These messages are in thousands and I need to perform a comparision. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store value from a function and use it?

There is one function to calculate previous day value and then touch one file with that date.The problem is i am getting the previous day value but not able to store it in other variable and use it. PREVIOUS_DATE_FUNCTION() { date '+%m %d %Y' | { read MONTH DAY YEAR DAY=`expr "$DAY" -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't store value in the variable

!#bin/bash clear var= grep @gmail.com email.txt | wc -l echo $var echo $var exit 0 OUTPUT: 1000 _ _ Where _ represent space (no value or nothing) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rehan
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Where to store backup?

I am on Ubuntu 18.04 and I have never created a backup. Recently my computer started acting sluggish until I restarted it but it got me concerned. So I figured I better make a backup (work pc) just in case. However, I have honestly never made one before. It's asking me where I want to save the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
6 Replies
floor(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  floor(3)

NAME
floor, ceil, modf, nint, rint, trunc - Round floating-point numbers to floating-point integers, return the nearest integral value, and truncate a floating-point number LIBRARY
Math Library (libm.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double floor (double x); float floorf (float x); long double floorl (long double x); double ceil (double x); float ceilf (float x); long double ceill (long double x); double modf (double x, double *n); float modff (float x, float *n); long double modfl (long double x, long double *n); double nint (double x); float nintf (float x); long double nintl (long double x); double rint (double x); float rintf (float x); long double rintl (long double x); double trunc (double x); float truncf (float x); long double truncl (long double x); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: floor(): XPG4 ceil(): XPG4 modf(): XPG4 rint(): XPG4-UNIX Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The floor(), floorf(), and floorl() functions return the largest floating-point integer value less than or equal to x. The ceil(), ceilf(), and ceill() functions return the smallest floating-point integer value greater than or equal to x. The modf(), modff(), and modfl() functions split a floating-point number x into a fractional part f and an integer part i such that |f| < 1.0 and (f + i) = x. Both f and i have the same sign as x. The modf(), modff(), and modfl() functions return f and store i into the loca- tion pointed to by n. The nint(), nintf(), and nintl() functions return the nearest integral value to x, except halfway cases are rounded to the integral value larger in magnitude. This corresponds to the FORTRAN generic intrinsic function nint(). The rint(), rintf(), and rintl() functions round x to an integral value according to the current IEEE rounding direction specified by the user. The trunc(), truncf(), and truncl() functions truncate x to an integral value. delim off floor(3)